strike rapier // User Search

1  ...  136  137  138  139  140  141  |

Eclipse Evolution (Build 269)

Jun 15, 2006, 10:51pm
Eclipse Evolution (Build 269 - evo-v269a-sdk.c41) has been released to patch
several bugs and restore functionality to several commands such as follow
and teleport.

FULL INSTALLER:
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk/downloads/evo41_269_full.zip

UPDATE ONLY (EXE):
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk/downloads/evo41_269_update.zip

Remember that Eclipse Evolution is CY nominated and would very much
appreciate your vote :o)

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."

Eclipse Evolution (Build 269)

Jun 20, 2006, 1:29am
Hi,

In between driving around chair movers in demo worlds and screwing with E N
Z O's camera I have managed to come up with the start of Eclipse Evo's
documentation, now hosted on awportals.com

Until I make a better front page, you can find the documentation at:
http://www.awportals.com/eclipse/docs/verbal/basics_1.php

At present there are details of 25 of the main verbal commands, plus
explenations of some of the security features and the new scripting
capabilities for the next build. I plan on spending the next few days on
writing documentation, so there should be even more up soon :o)

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."

Eclipse Evolution (Build 269)

Jun 21, 2006, 1:38pm
[View Quote] I have decided that in light of some pretty huge changes that I will be
working on (adding scripting, enhanced zones, querying etc) that Evolution
269 will be the last update for a while while I work with my beta team
adding the new features.

You will find 269 quite stable, I do not know of any big problems with it.

I cant say it has query, but if you are missing your X1s then Evo might be
just the bot you are looking for :)

FULL INSTALLER:
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk/downloads/evo41_269_full.zip

UPDATE ONLY (EXE):
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk/downloads/evo41_269_update.zip

Eclipse Evolution is nominated for a CY, will see who wins :o)
--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."

> FULL INSTALLER:
> http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk/downloads/evo41_269_full.zip
>
> UPDATE ONLY (EXE):
> http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk/downloads/evo41_269_update.zip
>
> Remember that Eclipse Evolution is CY nominated and would very much
> appreciate your vote :o)
>
> --
> - Mark Randall
> http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk
>
> "We're Systems and Networks..."
> "It's our job to know..."

Eclipse Evolution (Build 269)

Jun 21, 2006, 4:46pm
[View Quote] No (well yes, but its horrifically complicated using XML Script), but you
are welcome to try the Beta that contains such methods easily.

> Can your bot allow unlimited chat between all users in a world regardless
> of distance....global chat but not just to the bot owner, for visitors as
> well?

It provides a global relay (although its kind of MSN like, with the way it
produces chat), against you are welcome to use the beta which has a standard
BVR mode.

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."

Eclipse Evolution (Build 269)

Jun 21, 2006, 8:31pm
[View Quote] Part of making things incredibly complicated is providing simple and
advanced ways of doing things. You should find the bot quite intutative to
use, best way to find out is to give it a try for an hour.

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."

Eclipse Evolution (Build 269)

Jun 21, 2006, 9:07pm
[View Quote] Probably took longer than that to learn AW :O)

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."

Eclipse Evolution (Build 269)

Jun 25, 2006, 3:10pm
Due to FastHosts screwing about (Now under German ownership, fun eh?)
several million sites are offline at the moment, including mine...

I will be moving all of the Evo stuff over to awportals (to fit with the
rest of my aw content) soon, however the download isnt currently available
for the bot.

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."

Eclipse Evolution (Build 269)

Jun 27, 2006, 12:59pm
w00t, FastHost sucks.

www.awportals.com/eclipse/ is much better.

You can get to this page by saying ^help in AWTeen.

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."
[View Quote]

SDK Developers : Pissed Off

Jun 16, 2006, 7:05pm
The following constitutes an open letter to JP McCormic.

JP,

Please allow me to express my absolute *horror* at this change, I thought
something was up but only Andras just pinned it down, but God only knows
where you are getting your advise on these things.

Historically Active Worlds has always used a 400x400x400 cube, every single
bot ever made that includes a beyond-visual-range calculation has used this
formula, it is hard coded into most bots. Not only is the cube method faster
in terms of processing time (a simple condition check vs. square root ) but
it also has other advantages.

Consider the area that a bot can view; with a 400x400x400 cube this is
64,000,000 cubic meters area, that fitting within a sphere of radius 200m is
167,551 cubic meters.

Imagine, therefore, that 200m of ground zero needs monitoring in each
direction. Under 3.6 we could monitor this with a single SDK instance (bot)
located at 0n 0w 0w, under this new system it would require a minimum of 4
bots as your 'cube' you can monitor is reduced to that bound by a chord at
45 degrees. In lemans terms you now have a 283x283x283 box and bang now you
need 4x the number of bots to monitor the same area, that's 4x as many
connections, 4x as much bandwidth on the uniserver and world server, 4x as
many bots to monitor over.

To be blatantly honest JP what with this ridiculous licensing, the self
destruct SDK and now this you are plain begging for the Active Worlds SDK
users to turn away from the SDK and move to other platforms. The SDK users
are the most powerful group of users in Active Worlds, more powerful than
Active Worlds Inc itself, regardless of which galaxy or universe they are
in, for every feature put into the browser or world there is almost
certainly a bot which one of us has made that does it twice as good as
whatever your own developers can come up with and hell, its what you would
expect, there's about 20 SDK developers vs the 2 programmers you have.

The company I am working for is soon to blow about $40,000 on developing a
massive RPG using the Active Worlds technology, and with the help of perhaps
100 custom bots I have even helped convince them that the platform has a lot
more potential - what I refuse to do is to waste their money by spending 40
thousand dollars on a project that Active Worlds Inc is going to sabotage by
destabilising the SDK by making stupid changes, adding low grade security
and logic bombs and other such things.

The SDK coders provide the majority of your income (at least for the main
universe); as you would have far fewer worlds if we did not make tools for
their owners to support them, nor would you have places like AWRPG, AD&D or
AWBingo etc with 40 users a piece.

The fact is this, you must:
* Remove the logic bomb for debugging
* Remove the license file (or at least make one that actually works)
* Convert back to the 400m cube range
* Complete the 4.1 documentation for the SDK
* Fix the crashes in the SDK on world disconnect etc.

If you need a financial reason why here it is: The SDK developers,
professional designers etc control 80%+ of all resources in or relating to
Active Worlds in terms of technology, designs and objects, now when we
consider that the platform has become unstable due to ridiculous and poorly
judged decisions from AWI we will have an extremely high chance of getting
together and building a new 3D platform from scratch - hell most of the
interactive systems already exist in most of our bots anyway, and it
wouldn't take long to add every feature Active Worlds has and that means
your business would drop very, very fast.

Stop sabotaging the damned SDK and its users, we are the one group of users
you cannot afford to lose.

- Mark Randall