strike rapier // User Search

1  ...  126  127  128  129  130  131  ...  141  |

Owned! lol

Aug 17, 2005, 2:13pm
Excellent one :D

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

[View Quote]

Newsgroup charter again and again

> Andras
> "It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)
>
> --
> Andras
> "It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

DOH!

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

A Sad Day

Aug 20, 2005, 2:13am
A country is making nuclear weapons to fire at us all RIGHT NOW and its
entirely our own fault for being self asborbed, over opinionated, media
controlled assholes! You want to know which country? Well I'm not going to
tell you...

Wot?

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

[View Quote]

A Sad Day

Aug 20, 2005, 5:26pm
Absolute Unadulterated Immaturely Rated Utter Bollocks

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

[View Quote]

ENZO please read !!

Aug 20, 2005, 6:12pm
Just include 'in your opinion' after each line.

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

[View Quote]

ENZO please read !!

Aug 20, 2005, 11:51pm
You are all invited to STFU, if you want to have a bitching match on the
newsgroups, at least try and chose something more than 5 or 6 people
actually give a toss about.

Thankyou.

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

[View Quote]

LMAO

Aug 21, 2005, 9:58am
Cya Susan :O

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

[View Quote]

I think people like argueing...

Aug 21, 2005, 8:44pm
Shut up you ugly excuse for an elongated eel!

Rooarrr

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

[View Quote]

I think people like argueing...

Aug 22, 2005, 8:00am
The world is flat because you have a square head!

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

[View Quote]

I think you should all stop arguing!

Aug 22, 2005, 11:07pm
Yeah! You should all stop arguing because you are all idiots yeah?

And yes a new post is entirely justified because I think it is!

*G*

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

SW City: Revolution video

Aug 23, 2005, 5:47pm
By far the very best video I have seen of Active Worlds to date.

5 stars.

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

[View Quote]

Announcing AWEO

Aug 24, 2005, 8:32am
Msg 1;
430bb77f

Msg 2:

Msg 3;
<430bb7af$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>

Looks about right to me

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

[View Quote]

Alphaworld Enhanced 1.1 released

Aug 29, 2005, 4:34pm
[View Quote] Most people do.

> I am not sure I like the idea of some seeing one thing and others seeing
> something else. Where is the fun in that?

Where is the fun in crappy graphics?

> Sorry maybe there is something I am not understanding here, not being a
> techie LOL but I am not sure it is right playing around with AW's browser
> unless AW gives it to us.

Its the entire point of the feature, Active Worlds Inc actually
__advertises__ this mod in AWGate.

> I have heard a lot about the enhancements, and if it is as good as I hear,
> how about giving it to AW so we can all have it across the board on
> entering Alpha?

We wish.

> sweets

If you want better graphics in alphaworld, just install the damned mod :)

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

I'm done..seeya.

Aug 29, 2005, 11:27pm
"Andras" <andras at andras.net> wrote
> You warmed up my heart! Thank you!!!!!

Have you not been taking the napalm tablets I gave you?

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

[HTML] Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - First Video Completed

------=_NextPart_000_0093_01C5B169.518859E0

Get sued?

--=20
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to =
those of us who do"
Isaac Asimov
[View Quote] The show "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" is NOT mine. It is a Celador =
production originally for ITV. It's a popular UK and USA gameshow. The =
AW studio and my bot, however, IS mine. These videos are fan produced =
and are in no way endorsed or supported by Celador. Copyright to all =
materials remains with their respective owners.

Sorry for any misunderstandings
-=3DLtB=3D-
------=_NextPart_000_0093_01C5B169.518859E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Get sued?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>- Mark Randall<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://zetech.swehli.com">http://zetech.swehli.com</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance =
to=20
those of us who do"<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Isaac Asimov</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"LtBrenton" &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:uaf_brenton at concsols.com">uaf_brenton at concsols.com</A>&gt;=
wrote=20
in message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:431b0352$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:431b0352$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Follow-up: Due to misunderstandings, I'm saying it here.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The show "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" is NOT mine.&nbsp; It is =
a=20
Celador production originally for ITV.&nbsp; It's a popular UK and USA =

gameshow.&nbsp; The AW studio and my bot, however, IS mine.&nbsp; =
These videos=20
are fan produced and are in no way endorsed or supported by =
Celador.&nbsp;=20
Copyright to all materials remains with their respective owners.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sorry for any misunderstandings</DIV>
<DIV>-=3DLtB=3D-</DIV></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0093_01C5B169.518859E0--

Hurricane Katrina

Sep 2, 2005, 11:03pm
[View Quote] As nice as the sentiment is, if you want to do something; ensure someone
like Bush never gets in again, that way that person wont half the funding to
the flood protection schemes again.

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do"
Isaac Asimov

Hurricane Katrina

Sep 4, 2005, 1:26pm
[View Quote] Pretty much all of which could have been stopped if the Army got the funding
it needed; fact.

PS: did'nt you leave a few weeks ago?

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do"
Isaac Asimov

Hurricane Katrina

Sep 4, 2005, 4:38pm
I most certainally remember and feel sorry for those who have died in this
terrible event. I will also remember who killed them.

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do"
Isaac Asimov

[View Quote]

Hurricane Katrina

Sep 4, 2005, 4:40pm
[View Quote] Yes, that was vicious, mild appologies to anyone offended by this, however
my statements are simply based off international news, which we presume is
the truth - and not just some big fake.

Anyone still in there, good luck to you, not that you will probably be
reading this.

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do"
Isaac Asimov

wanna hear a funny?

Sep 4, 2005, 10:20pm
Hillarious :D

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do"
Isaac Asimov
[View Quote]

Damned German Nazis! - Fruit and Nutcase!

Sep 5, 2005, 2:37am
I bet that subject caught your eye didnt it eh?

Meet my friend Reuters, he is very interesting... why just today he was
telling me about exploding chocolate

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/9/5/worldupdates/2005-09-05T063933Z_01_NOOTR_RTRJONC_0_-215029-1&sec=Worldupdates

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005410048,00.html

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do"
Isaac Asimov

Giant land

Sep 6, 2005, 4:32pm
Random post, found a most interesting area.

AW 9813S 78W

Kinda large

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do"
Isaac Asimov

BETA TESTERS needed for Xelagot 3.613

Jan 19, 2006, 10:52pm
[View Quote] FYI: I do this with Evolution;
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk/software/evolution/helper.php?page=setup/cl

../evo_mon.exe" /login /profile:"Mark 2" /hide

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do"
Isaac Asimov

Some windows won't stay where moved...

Sep 10, 2005, 8:30pm
The login / config windows are what as known as 'modal'

They usually appear in the centre of the owner window, their positions are
not saved.

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do"
Isaac Asimov
[View Quote]

Congrats to the English Cricket Team!

Sep 14, 2005, 12:01am
Everythings off topic now, so...

Contracts to the English Cricket Team(s) on Both winning the ashes back from
ausieland, to all the Aussies in AW, your team put up a good fight but just
wernt good enough.

For everyone who doesnt know what cricket is, its a game of skill, where the
game often moves at over 90 miles an hour straight at your body, and you
only get minor protection, no huge body armour.

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do"
Isaac Asimov

Congrats to the English Cricket Team!

Sep 14, 2005, 2:30am
The ashes have been played for approximately 125 years,

They were named after the Australians slaughtered the English in 1882, and a
leading newspaper.

It read: "In affectionate remembrance of English cricket which died at The
Oval, 29th August 1882. Deeply lamented by a large circle of sorrowing
friends and acquaintances. RIP. N.B. The body will be cremated and the ashes
taken to Australia."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ashes_notice_facsimile.png

One of the bails (the small pieces of wood that are placed on top of the
stumps and must be knocked off to be out by being bowled / run out) was
cremated, and put in a small urn.

http://www.rlca.com.pk/wallpapers/bails.jpg

Here is a brief introduction to cricket.

You have 2 teams, each has 11 people on it, + 1, each team takes it in turn
to either bat or bowl.

http://www.scorpio-sports.co.uk/shop/images/products/as1tone.jpg

In batting, 2 batsmen play simultainiously at either end of the wicket, the
bowler bowls at the 'on strike' batsman who (attempts) to hit it, they can
hit it out into the field and then score 'runs' by both running between the
stumpts at either end of the wicket. They can be 'run out' if a fielder gets
the ball, and throws it towards the stumps, knocking the 'bails' off. Bats
are made of willow and are quite the expensive item, each one is polished
and oiled on a yearly basis.

http://www.saathee.com/TheCricketForum/cricket%20ball.jpg

A batsman can also hit the ball over the boundary (the edge of the field),
if it bounces 4 runs are scored automatically, if it goes over without
bouncing 6 runs are scored. If a fielder catches the ball directly after it
bounces off the bat or batsmens gloves (ie: without bouncing) this is called
caught out.

Each team typically has a set number of overs to score as many runs as they
can, this is cut short if 10 players are out (at the end, one player will
remain 'not out' but the laws of the game state you must have two!)

The team positions then switch around, the objective of the new batsmen is
to score more runs than the opposing team, the objective of the now bowling
side is to dismiss them 'take their wickets' before they do so.

When the bowling team claims to have a wicket (when its not bloody obvious,
ie: the wickets got smashed in half) the team makes a plea by shouting
'Howzat' at the top of their voices at the umpires.

One umpire stands at behind the set of wickets opposite the current batsman,
this is the end that the bowler runs from, there are various kinds of
bowler, spin (where the bowler impartss a strong angular rotation on the
ball around its seam using his wrist), seem (where half of the ball is more
shiny, making the ball move away from that side while in flight) or fast
(upto 100 miles an hour!).

Mainly due to the last point, cricket is effected a lot by weather, the
pitch needs to be of excellent quallity for professional games as being hit
by the ball without chance to react can lead to severe physical injury, and
often puts people in hospital, myself included.

Partially to stop this, the batsmen wears 2 pads on his legs, these serve as
both protection and part of the game, where the batsman can defelect the
slower balls away with them. However, the perhaps most difficult part of
this is the LBW (leg before wicket) law, which states that if the ball
pitches in such a way that it is aligned with the stumps, and will go on to
hit, the batsmen is dimissed LBW. In addition to this, international players
wear 1 inch internal padding next to the ribs (a hit on the chest would
instantly shatter the entire section of the ribcage) and a helmet (to avoid
your skull being caved in).

The game is utterly professional and players must have a healthy respect for
eachother, in the professional game a player may be fined a large percentage
of his match fee 80% if he acts agressively. Also, the umpires descision is
final and should never be challenged out of respect.

In a test match (the ashes for example) each game consists of 4 turns, (ie:
each side should bat and bowl once), the 'runs' for each side are added for
each match. A draw occurs when you run out of overs, the batsmen have not
reached the target, but you have not bowled all the opposition out. This
happened several times in the ashes, however; most have come down to 2 or 3
balls.

Cricket is the most popular sport in the commonwealth.

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do"
Isaac Asimov

[View Quote]

Congrats to the English Cricket Team!

Sep 14, 2005, 2:32am
150 - 4 = Scored 150 runs, but 5 batsmen have been out / dismissed.

150 - 9 = Really bad news for batsmen.

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do"
Isaac Asimov

[View Quote]

Gate Network System: New Objects, New Website

Sep 17, 2005, 12:55pm
The point of the egyptions is that the Goa'ould were actually their Gods,
and came with technology that made them advance. In the film they thought
that the stargate only travelled to one world (abados), so they have an
adventure there killing either Ra or Apophis.

At the start of the SG1 series Earth is attacked through the stargate, they
travel back to Abados and Daniel (whom stayed behind in the film) tells them
that he thinks that the huge walls of symbols are actually coordinates; but
in order to work their position must be re-targetted to take into account
the distance between planets expanding (Earth lacks what is called a DHD, a
dial home device, this is what opens the stargate and it does automatically
adjust for the planets moving, the Star Gate Command SGC).

Anyway, they start calculating new addresses and there the adventure begins,
aquiring Tealk along the way.

The best long running series I have seen.

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do"
Isaac Asimov

[View Quote]

Gate Network System: New Objects, New Website

Sep 17, 2005, 3:58pm
Which is good, because I never said anything about it being the longest
running.

Actually, the most unique shows is now held by the WWE wrestling.

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do"
Isaac Asimov
[View Quote]

Virus Warning

Sep 16, 2005, 12:46pm
Rule is:

Email is insecure, a trusted source is not a trusted source unless its
signed by a very large key.