snowblind // User Search

1  |

world share

Oct 16, 2000, 8:22pm
ROFL - Yes it is sad but very true - You would think no one had ever seen
naked people before the Internet came around.
--
S N O W B L I N D (GODSWRLD)

world share

Oct 17, 2000, 8:54pm
I just got the user name and password to setup the server - changed the
settings to let everyone in - but no one can get in. LOL - this sux :)
I will post here when its up and running and hopefully how to make it work
even when running MS Internet Connection Sharing - Yes it is on the Main
Computer which connects to the internet and yes it show the right IP in the
World Server Program -
--
S N O W B L I N D
[View Quote] Talking about naked people, they are OK and after looking for a few minutes

There are no lights in our bedroom and no looking glass in the house and
this is how we like it LOL.

Sorry but I try to have fun as much as I can and when it makes others smile
it makes me happyer! Did I ever tell you guys about the time I was on TV...
I will save that one for next time.

Pastor Mac.

Fatts on AWs

[View Quote]

I need a bot

Oct 17, 2000, 2:32am
Forgive my ignorance but what is a cracked browser?
--
S N O W B L I N D

I need a bot

Oct 18, 2000, 1:09pm
Thanks to Agent1 for telling me what the heck a "Cracked Brower" is....

Ultima Online had this problem in its early days, in an on line game it was
a much more serious problem though since people could walk through your
house door and take your hard fought for items you got in the dungeons.

As Agent1 wrote all movement is really done on the client side and then
actual co-ordinates are "Reported" to the server and other Avatars. Thus,
the only solution for this is to write a plug in that will do server checks
for every movement an avatar makes. IF the client tries to walk through a
wall then the server says "No" basically.

Problems with doing this:
It causes server lag waiting for movement authorization, how much? Well,
consider that all that is happening now is that the client is telling the
server that he is in the world and nothing else. All other movements or
Current locations are reported to the other "Clients" that are currently in
the world, not to the server. The only other thing the server currently
tracks is when messages are sent. (At least this is all that is reported in
the World Server Window.) So if I am wrong and it does track avatar
locations then simply double the current movement traffic.

It causes what's known as "Rubber Banding Effect" - where your client takes
a step through a wall but then the server throws you back a step since your
not allowed to do that. (Sometimes you could take several steps through the
walls before the server would kick you back out, depending on how fast the
server responds to the move request)

If this were a software program that allowed you to "Own" objects, by way of
having an Inventory, then I can see where it might be worth the time and
effort to write such a plug in for the server. But since its not I really
don't think the loss in performance is worth the effort. Your also talking
about a program that would also have to tag each and every item in every
world as a solid or otherwise impassible object. The code would most likely
be huge.

Anyway I hope this helps in some way.

S N O W B L I N D
GODSWRLD (now running on a new server)

--
S N O W B L I N D
[View Quote]

Re: Contact List Problem

------=_NextPart_000_00FF_01C0416D.15410FC0

Ya' really can't figure that one out huh? Can you imagine how much =
server and client time it takes to do a check on 100 users and their =
locations every few minutes?=20

S N O W B L I N D
GODSWRLD
http://objects.activeworlds.com/cgi-bin/teleport.cgi?godswrld_5s_0w_1a_18=
0

[View Quote] --=20
- Tony56 (aka Chandler56).

------=_NextPart_000_00FF_01C0416D.15410FC0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ya' really can't figure that one out =
huh? Can you=20
imagine how much server and client time it takes to do a check on 100 =
users and=20
their locations every few minutes? </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>S N O W B L I N D</DIV>
<DIV>GODSWRLD</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
href=3D"http://objects.activeworlds.com/cgi-bin/teleport.cgi?godswrld_5s_=
0w_1a_180">http://objects.activeworlds.com/cgi-bin/teleport.cgi?godswrld_=
5s_0w_1a_180</A></FONT><BR></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"tony56" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:chandler56 at mail.com">chandler56 at mail.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
<A=20
href=3D"news:39fbf4a1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:39fbf4a1 at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV><FONT face=3D"MS Sans Serif" size=3D1>AW should remove that =
friggin limit..=20
don't see how it harms the universe if the CL is over =
100?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>- Tony56 (aka=20
Chandler56).</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00FF_01C0416D.15410FC0--