ananas // User Search

1  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  57  |

Scroll Down box

Apr 8, 2001, 11:16am
.... and bears the risk that someone doesn't take care and gives away
his aworld.ini with 100 ppw's in it

[View Quote]

Scroll Down box

Apr 8, 2001, 10:28pm
Duh, so easy, I didn't think, off course you're right - second
security step would be to crypt it in a way that the username you
stored it with is needed to decrypt.

[View Quote]

Scroll Down box

Apr 8, 2001, 11:28pm
It would at least require that he uses the nickname of the one he got
the INI file from, if they included that name in the encryption. A
little more security.

[View Quote]

New Rights Feature

Apr 9, 2001, 1:48am
I already posted that here, similar.
No need to specify 1,2,-3,4,-5 - that doesn't make too much sense.

Better would be to have an "Invert" choice in a checkbox, so all
numbers are either be treated as "allow" or "deny"

[View Quote]

New Rights Feature

Apr 21, 2001, 6:38am
1. your example makes no sense at all, neither with Dereks
idea nor with mine

2. you did not understand my idea

With something like :

invert selection : [x]
enter : 123, 345, 456

you have allowed enter for everyone except for these 3 people.

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

New Rights Feature

Apr 24, 2001, 6:12am
I think it is OK to bring this idea up often.

As soon as a world gets larger you get into trouble bringing
enough builders into world options. Worlds that are larger
than a P50 are not interesting for a certain usage :
No registry, as open as possible but with a way to exclude
vandals.

But it makes no sense to explicite include some people from
the list and to explicite exclude some others.
It makes only sense to have either an exclude list OR an
include list.

Your example was : 1,2,-3,4,-5

But having 1,2 and 4 INcluded automatically EXcludes 3 and 5
so you need not specify these two as excluded.

That's what Felix did not understand and that's what I tried
to explain. His example was "*,326308,325768" - that never
makes sense, you allow everyone plus these 2 citizens to do
something? Everyone already includes these two!

The checkbox would say "This is an EXclude-list", having it
not checked makes the list be an INclude list.

EXclude lists mean "Everyone except for ... may do something"
INclude lists mean "No one except for ... may do something"

sigh, hard to explain but I hope now it's clearer

Volker

[View Quote]

Name changing

May 4, 2001, 5:36pm
Defered acceptance of a name change would help as well.
The new requested name could be locked in the uniserver
for one week, before the name change takes effect.

The charging idea isn't a good one, who would be charged
for the name changes of world citizenships? The world owner?
The universe owner does not necessarily have a way to
charge a citizen.

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

new newsgroup

Apr 12, 2001, 2:49pm
For ADS - we need one for advertizing spammers !

Best a WriteOnly newsgroup for noodles

Something new?!

Apr 15, 2001, 12:04am
And immobilize them and add a "kick" sequence to all others?

[View Quote]

Re: Attention VB Programmers

Apr 19, 2001, 9:00am
Here you find the SDK description : http://www.activeworlds.com/sdk/
The pages are all below this path so you can use a download manager
to make an offline copy from it.

Hint to Facter :

What about a complete zipped version ?
The links seem all to be relative to this path so it should be
easy to do.

[View Quote]

Re: Attention VB Programmers

Apr 19, 2001, 5:06pm
That's exactly what I used, but I think it would not be a bad idea
to have it in one piece. TPP is no freeware.

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

Free Internet without Banners?

Apr 21, 2001, 6:40am
Wishlist for AW?

Free Internet without Banners?

Aug 10, 2001, 8:15pm
AFAIK cable speed depends on the number of people that are using
the same link, whereas DSL is independant from that.
Btw. : there is not one DSL speed, how much bandwidth they allow
for one user depends very much on the provider.

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

Re: Wouldn't it be cool if...

Apr 23, 2001, 6:02pm
[View Quote] Who does?

--
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

Build should be displayed on the download page

Apr 29, 2001, 6:23am
Several people with 3.1 often freeze or crash and have no chance
to see if they will download a newer version on the download page.

Volker

--
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

Font.

Apr 30, 2001, 2:23am
a workaround is described on www.oct31.f2s.com

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

QWORD for the avatar numbers

May 1, 2001, 6:09pm
SNIEF - my AV list is full, I already had to remove avatars

A QWORD would be nice so every current and fiuture AW citizen can
have his own AV.

Well, ok - a WORD would be fine for a while ;)

--
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

QWORD for the avatar numbers

May 5, 2001, 10:26pm
Byte = 256 (current limit for avatars)
Word = 2 Bytes = 256^2 = 65536
DWord = 2 Words = 655362^2 = 4294967296
QWord = 4 Words = 65536^4 = 18446744073709551616

That should be sufficient for all times ;)

D stands for Double, Q for Quad(ruple)

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

QWORD for the avatar numbers

May 5, 2001, 10:47pm
A QWord is enough to have more than one individual AV for every
person who lives on Terra at least, and leave enough for some bots
for everyone ;)
It would be quite crowded if there would really be so many people
on earth.

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

building in offline without internet connection

May 4, 2001, 9:02pm
you're right, it is not more load than what a build bot produces

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

building in offline without internet connection

May 5, 2001, 4:15am
That's what I said, "not more lag than ...".

So if a building bot is acceptable this will be acceptable too,
I am quite sure that it will be a building bot that will do the
update work.

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

Better caching

May 5, 2001, 10:31pm
Some HTTP servers seem to have an incorrect or no file size
in the HTTP reply header so it might not be possible to detect
the "fully downloaded" state.

If a request results in a 404, it already will be reloaded
when you teleport to a place that doesn't exist or a red world.
If this does not work it would mean that there was no such error.

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

Zero sized objects => triangles

May 6, 2001, 12:51am
2.2 gives a triangle for an object that has no size.
3.1 "shows" it, invisible of course.

It would be better to have a way to remove buggy objects.
If 2 or all 3 dimensions are zero a triangle should show.

--
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

Another axis of rotation?

May 11, 2001, 6:11pm
Maybe an intermediate solution :

http://oct31.de/aw/fetch/index.html

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

Teleports in the text box

May 14, 2001, 2:28am
I like the idea :)

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

avatar dialog

May 19, 2001, 9:16pm
http://ntpaul.sprog.auc.dk/avatars/book/CHAW/AWN4D.GIF

Is this picture a fake or was there such an avatar
select dialog in an earlier AW version?

--
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

avatar dialog

May 20, 2001, 7:23pm
Thanks, that's what I hoped :)

Maybe the sources would still work (hint hint hint)

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

Browser ID

May 20, 2001, 7:42pm
It would be nice to have more informations in the browser ID that
is sent in the HTTP request :

- AW version
different objects or textures for different browsers

- World
different avatar sets for different worlds

and maybe

- Citizen name
citizen specific sign texts without bots

- Citizen number
sorry to bring this up again, could enable choosing individual
backdrops for example ;)

Of course these things are only interesting for scripted OPs
but I see the OP as part of the client/server conzept so it
should be supplied with some more informations.

Once the basic possibilities are implemented this will bring
up more ideas for the OP scripts I bet.

--
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

Increased Contact List

Jun 29, 2001, 10:30pm
A good reason to restart the discussion about charging
name changes. I bet, name updates once per logon would
be sufficiend then. And if someone takes his virtual
identity serious he will not change it everyday.

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /