ananas // User Search

1  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  57  |

Avatar Updates...

Feb 28, 2001, 12:09am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------DD18921E1C3CD46F02BCE2B7

Optional way, same result using a saved search.
I translate a german version so the dialog texts might be slightly
different :

- Click the windows taskbar and press F3 while it has the focus, or use
the startmenu / search.
- In the name field enter "avatars.dat" (without the quotes)
- in the location field the complete path to the cache (e.g. "c:\Active
Worlds\cache\art")
- click the search button and wait for the result
- in the menu click "File" - "Save search"

You now have a ".fnd" file on your desktop that will repeat the search
everytime you start it.
You can remove a file direct from the search results by pressing Shift
and Del together.

j b e l l schrieb:

> cool program.. i'll find it usefull hehe..
>
> --
>
> J B E L L
> http://platinum.awjbell.com
> G O I N G P L A T I N U M

[View Quote] begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------DD18921E1C3CD46F02BCE2B7--

Snapshot

Mar 2, 2001, 6:57pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------DAEBD856D91A9C5F90A7F5B9

AccuTrans on http://www.micromouse.ca can read RWX and write 3DS. It can
load models without clearing the previous model.

foxmccloud schrieb:
> =

> Anyway, can anyone point me to a site where i could see the official sp=
ecifications of the .rwx and .3ds format ? i'm sure it
> exists... or anything that would be helpful in trying to put a bunch of=
.rwx files in a big .3ds.... maybe i'll give it a try...
> =

> Fox Mc Cloud
> =

> "rolu" <rolu.university at bigfoot.com> a =E9crit dans le message news: 3a=
9cd75e at server1.Activeworlds.com...
ited
epower.
mps for
But
view.
you can
lso
ee

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------DAEBD856D91A9C5F90A7F5B9--

Snapshot

Mar 2, 2001, 7:13pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------567F1E78DA0B4343D604ACFB

Many formats (not 3ds, sorry) are on
http://www.cica.indiana.edu/graphics/3D.objects.html

And here is another (ancient) list :
http://docs.cn.ua:8102/Graphics/ImageFormats/file-formats.3.html.
Actually a text file, there are no links, you have to cut/paste the
URIs. Several I tried were outdated.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------567F1E78DA0B4343D604ACFB--

Status indicator for connection

Mar 4, 2001, 1:11am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------5E39A3949B23715CBA562604

More a missing feature than a wish :

At the moment the only way to see if my own universe session is still
functional is to take my own name to the contact list. The entry isn't
necessearily within the visible region of the list and takes one of the
100 places away.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------5E39A3949B23715CBA562604--

Re: ActiveWorlds IRC. Does it exist?

Mar 4, 2001, 4:36pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------B38E15E4C3AF501047C6C6B6

maybe one of them a bot with more than one instances? (e.g. birdbot)

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------B38E15E4C3AF501047C6C6B6--

Re: Worlds not showing on list

Mar 5, 2001, 5:58am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------10121B04EF8788568F86CFAA

Maybe AW should consider to open a new universe port for all new trials?

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------10121B04EF8788568F86CFAA--

Re: Worlds not showing on list

Mar 5, 2001, 3:46pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------3D3897D2267E14830DC241F9

Easy solution for that - a second EXE file doesn't read port= but
ptrial= and has a different, very high default port build-in.
All user data should be synchronized (or shared if possible) between the
two universes. If sharing cannot be done this second EXE file should
have changing of user data disabled, to avoid possible replication
conflicts.

As this solution is really simple, the source code changes in 2.2, 3.0
and 3.1 could be done within few minutes. As only data constants are
changed that are (hopefully) held in only one central place, a new beta
phase would not be required.

This solution is much better than hiding any universe, and it would be
open for all users.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------3D3897D2267E14830DC241F9--

Re: Worlds not showing on list

Mar 5, 2001, 4:12pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------E825E524E285F83FD2201925

If this limit isn't a bug but a design feature, it is at least wrong
that AW accepts more than 750 worlds to sign up for one universe.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------E825E524E285F83FD2201925--

Re: Worlds not showing on list

Mar 7, 2001, 6:30pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------0C51255A4DAEDC1F42D0A796

I like this tree idea and would add the avatars list to it.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------0C51255A4DAEDC1F42D0A796--

Bug : Focus trouble

Mar 10, 2001, 1:23am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------13A27CCCBC6F3D269EF8AD22

Maybe already fixed in AW3.x :

When AW (2.2) looses its focus - for a cut and paste operation from a
different program for example - it does not restore the caret focus to
the same field.

Writing something to the whisper line, activating a different
application, returning to AW : result is, that the normal chat line has
the caret focus.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------13A27CCCBC6F3D269EF8AD22--

Rotation...

--------------41545C30BA7DD991E6D631A6

Just a guess (2.2 here) : you could try to combine rotate with an adone
command

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------41545C30BA7DD991E6D631A6--

Mirrors...

--------------1AB917D710DF4690CF59FE8C

This picture was sent to me by someone from http://www.3dnetz.de :
http://oct31.de/ananaskirche.jpg
Gobman created the area by building mirrored objects below a translucent
ground.

At the gate of http://www.vectorscape.com the same trick is used.

Off course a mirror effect would be better but could kill the framerate
I guess

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------1AB917D710DF4690CF59FE8C--

Mirrors...

--------------0D390A8671B9A70987E4EA30

oops - I really didn't notice that. It's very well made then - have to
see that again.

Thanks

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------0D390A8671B9A70987E4EA30--

Being able to give someone CT with limited....

--------------7C8A73F95DD70DDBA2EFF47E

I think an easy-to-handle solution would be, to have switches in all
world options if they require caretaker or if emminent domain is
sufficient.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------7C8A73F95DD70DDBA2EFF47E--

World Shutdown Notification

--------------2BE9713517E9888455C26D69

That can alreay be done. These spam messages are green and everyone in
the world receives them.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------2BE9713517E9888455C26D69--

World Shutdown Notification

--------------964DBD7BF61B2756BB41BB0B

Every change in the world message causes this message to be displayed
again, for all people who are currently visiting the world.
You could start the message with capital "ANNOUNCEMENT:" or "BROADCAST:"
to be sure it will be heard - or make a bot change it slightly 3 times
so it is displayed 3 times (AW_WORLD_WELCOME_MESSAGE).

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------964DBD7BF61B2756BB41BB0B--

The Absolute Eradication of All Active Worlds

--------------38CFDBE2799903C7F99A7841

I agree to all except for the cell database, here my 2=A2 :

I really do not see how a cell database rewrite for just the mentioned
problems would cause any loss of data. Modifications of the kind that
would be required for the token stuff and for the positioning are some
the most common database modifications, the only thing to do is to write
a conversion tool that takes the data from the old database, aligns the
format for each database field types and writes them to the new
database, a 1:1 conversion.
The problem will not be the loss of data but the compatibility to the
old browsers - and if the OpenGL support works well I think backwards
compatibility becomes less important.

[View Quote] > Of course it's easy to talk about complete database restructuring, =
graphic engine core modifications, and drastic changes in action codes. =
Some really good ideas are have been put forth. The question is if Activ=
eWorlds users are ready to pay the price for these kind of changes - your=
old code, and probably each of your objects, will be more than just "nee=
ding an update" if the code behind the very objects used changes drastica=
lly.
> =

> For people like me, newbies to the scene with little or no actual A=
ctiveWorld building accomplishments to their name, it's a lot easier to c=
onceive of a Great Void - an empty, new, but improved universe. We've go=
t little or nothing to lose. But those with their own worlds, with years=
of construction at stake, probably feel differently.
> =

> Sure, it would be neat if we had a clearer, tokenized, more robust =
language behind action codes, 64-bit positioning, a more distinct graphic=
engine, etc. Perhaps ActiveWorlds should discard RWX modeling altogethe=
r. I'm curious, though, who here is really ready and willing to really p=
ay the price for REAL updates of this sort. Once REAL changes were imple=
mented, ActiveWorlds would never be the same again. Who's ready to rebu=
ild?

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------38CFDBE2799903C7F99A7841--

mp3 & wav

--------------76648169EE1193443C9435EE

A file size limit makes sense with NOT streaming. Streaming should not
be cached and not require a size limit. A streaming audio file actually
doesn't have a defined size, if the quality changes depending on the
transfer speed.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------76648169EE1193443C9435EE--

Folders

--------------1042CA954E0B36D04842A939

http://oct31.de/aw/awclbot will help you with this

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------1042CA954E0B36D04842A939--

custom fonts on "signs", PHP, 1st step

--------------DA3920B88D20FDC332A2EF9D

<?PHP
Header ("Content-type: image/jpeg");
$im = imagecreate (256, 256);

$black = ImageColorAllocate ($im, 0, 0, 0);
$white = ImageColorAllocate ($im, 255, 255, 255);

imagefill ($im, 1, 1, $white);

$font = $HTTP_GET_VARS["f"];
$size = imagefontheight ($font);

$list = explode("|", $HTTP_GET_VARS["t"]);

$pos = 0;
foreach ($list as $line)
{
$line = strtr ($line, "^", " ");
imagestring ($im, $font, 0, $pos, $line, $black);
$pos = $pos + $size;
}

ImageJPEG ($im);
ImageDestroy ($im);
?>

Save this as PHP file jpgtxt.php to your textures folder.

====== USAGE 1 ======

Create a zpict2.rwx with :
create picture jpgtxt.php?f=5&t=HELLO^WORLD|This^is^line^2

The script takes 2 arguments at the moment :
f=5
t=HELLO^WORLD|This^is^line^2

The f= is the font size and can go from 1 up to 5

The t= is the text to show. As you see it uses dashes ^ instead of space
characters and pipes | instead of newline characters.

====== LIMITATIONS ======

Although the script is located in the textures folder "create texture"
doesn't work - it doesn't seem to like those characters.

It doesn't use loadable bitmap fonts yet(!) so the available fonts are
limited to the PHP standard fonts f=1 up to f=5 - not very custom yet
but maybe the first step to custom fonts.

Another improvement will be color and bcolor as arguments instead of
fixed colors in the script.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------DA3920B88D20FDC332A2EF9D--

custom fonts on "signs", PHP, 2nd step (Cyrillic)

Mar 29, 2001, 9:59pm
The previous version had some trouble, it was cached sometimes(?) - but
this one looks MUCH better and works :

<?PHP
Header ("Content-type: image/jpeg");
$im = imagecreate (256,256);

$tmp = $HTTP_GET_VARS["tc"]; // text color
if (empty ($tmp))
$r = $g = $b = 0xff;
else
{
$r = hexdec (substr ($tmp, 0, 2));
$g = hexdec (substr ($tmp, 2, 2));
$b = hexdec (substr ($tmp, 4, 2));
}
$fore = ImageColorAllocate ($im, $r, $g, $b);

$tmp = $HTTP_GET_VARS["bc"]; // background color
if (empty ($tmp))
$r = $g = $b = 0x00;
else
{
$r = hexdec (substr ($tmp, 0, 2));
$g = hexdec (substr ($tmp, 2, 2));
$b = hexdec (substr ($tmp, 4, 2));
}
$back = ImageColorAllocate ($im, $r, $g, $b);

imagefill ($im, 1, 1, $back);

$size = $HTTP_GET_VARS["s"]; // size
if ($size == 0)
$size = 10;

$list = explode("|", $HTTP_GET_VARS["t"]); // text

$pos = $size / 1.5;
foreach ($list as $line)
{
$line = strtr ($line, "^", " ");
ImageTTFText ($im, $size, 0, 0, $pos, $fore, "symbol.ttf", $line);
$pos = $pos + $size;
}

ImageJPEG ($im);
ImageDestroy ($im);
?>

Copy this script to any folder on your server, I used
"oct31.de/fonts/cyr.php"
Copy the character set "symbol.ttf" from your \windows\font folder to
the same folder on the server.

Off course any other TTF file can be used, it is referenced only in one
line of the script and can easily be changed.

====== USAGE ======

Create a zpict2.rwx with :
create picture
oct31.de/fonts/cyr.php?s=50&bc=d06060&tc=0020ff&t=HELLO|WORLD||and^some|more^text

The script takes 4 arguments :
- the font size in pixels s=50
- the background color in hex bc=d06060
- the text color tc=0020ff
- the text to be written t=HELLO|WORLD||and^some|more^text

The text uses dashes ^ instead of space characters and pipes | instead
of newline characters.
The default for the colors is black and white
Default size is 10 pixels

custom fonts on "signs", PHP, 2nd step (Cyrillic)

--------------A72227F5AD61F9D5E494552A

just in case it is Greek letters and not Cyrillic - I'm not familiar
with fonts - but while I play with it - hm, looks more greek than
cyrillic

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------A72227F5AD61F9D5E494552A--

custom fonts on "signs", PHP, 2nd step (Cyrillic)

--------------44C42870E4C3A6CB4C8A6A0F

good source for truetype fonts that can be used :
http://babel.uoregon.edu/yamada/fonts.html

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------44C42870E4C3A6CB4C8A6A0F--

Object Stretching

Apr 12, 2001, 10:46pm
Check news://andras.net/worldbuilders and follow the thread
"Server-created objects" there.

[View Quote]

Another Create Sign enhancement

Apr 3, 2001, 10:30pm
Create sign with an URL specified would be nice, so that the sign text
could be dynamically created, maybe together with an "update=NNN"
option. There should be some predefined variables to be used in the
URL, [citno] and [citname], so a sign could be special for this one
person.

a way to hold more then 100 contacts :-)

Apr 5, 2001, 6:03pm
[...] and use one at a time. [...]

[View Quote]

a way to hold more then 100 contacts :-)

Apr 5, 2001, 7:30pm
Well, if that's true he doesn't know much about file formats - but you
don't seem to know the difference between knowledge and intelligence.

Oh, and you should check your knowledge about possible file sizes,
here are 2 links that might help you :

http://www.abbottloop.org/alconweb/i_c_r/zbrain.htm
http://www.jimpinto.com/writings/symbiotic.html

If you do not find a medium that can take the required amount of data
you will hardly be able to create a single file that can contain all
the informations a brain can hold.

[View Quote] > Apparently he's a TOTAL newbie to comps and thinks that since notepad's=
native format is TXT and it's limited in the filesize it can
> open, that a "larger" format should be used, when in reality I have tex=
t files larger than his brain.
[View Quote]

a way to hold more then 100 contacts :-)

Apr 7, 2001, 11:43pm
Windows PC is restricted to the letters, Unix doesn't know drive
letters, you just create a folder so you have a mountpoint and use a
command to "glue" a partition to this mountpoint - and again one step
further away from the topic, sorry ;)

[View Quote]

a way to hold more then 100 contacts :-)

Apr 8, 2001, 7:56am
Notepad has a limit of 64K in the small windows versions, at least in
the older ones. The limit would be 32767 (or a little below) lines as
an empty line consumes at least 2 bytes.
INI files had the same in 16bit windows versions, as long as you
accessed them with the standard windows methods.

I mention the INI file as it makes clear where this limit came from,
the maximum amount of memory that a 16Bit Intel CPU could allocate in
one piece was (2 to the power of 16) bytes - and 2^16=65536.

All the following informations come from seeing what how things look
like, I have no informations about the conzept how the
browser/universe/world work together, but watch the program you use
and you will find that it must be like I describe it or at least very
similar.

The maximum size of a contacts.txt at the moment would be 800 bytes =
(6 places for the user number + 2 places for the line end) * 100
lines. This is neither a technical limitation of a .TXT file nor one
of the AW browser. It is limited to reduce the traffic, the time to
update the name of 100 contact numbers is already quite long - and the
information about the online status and world has to go through the
universe server too.

One solution could be reducing the refresh rate for online status, but
that would just set a new, somewhat higher limit.

Another one would be to have 2 types of contact entries, those that
are only informational and those that are queried for their online
status. That you can already have with http://oct31.de/aw/awclbot

A third way would be to move the complete contact list handling to the
universe (or any other central) server and transfer only status
changes to the browser, the browser just would reeive an information
when someone goes or comes, changes his name or the world where he is.
Lots of code rewrite I bet.

[View Quote]

a way to hold more then 100 contacts :-)

Apr 8, 2001, 6:46pm
Read back, you wanted to have that capacity in one file

[View Quote]

1  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  57  |