ananas // User Search

1  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  57  |

"Fly" Buttons

Nov 16, 2000, 1:32pm
You should buy some 102-keyboards before they all disappear (I did :).
Cherry still sells OS-independant keyboards for example.

"Fly" Buttons

Dec 23, 2000, 8:23pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------ACB0682B5F662D6AEB4908A5

hm - I checked all of my keyboards - they must have made a typo on all
of them - they wrote "Num" on the key that switched between cursor- and
numeric mode. I will send letters to the manufacturers and tell them
that they all are idiots and that they should ask you how to label this
key.

Oh - wait - good that I did not press the send button - they seem to
have made a second big mistake - there is a button that has the text
"Scroll" on it - but it does not change the status of my numpad. Twist,
maybe you could explain all these keyboard manufacturers what they did
wrong, I am too confused now.

twisted horizon schrieb:

> No, no, no, you idiots. Scroll lock is if its on, it goes down and up
> (Moves) and acts as up and down keys, but if it's off, it acts as numbers.
> Only works on numeric keypad... Usually only works in games, especially ones
> that are hot-seat (multiplayer, but everyone's on the same computer) or
> joystick.
>
> -Twist
--------------ACB0682B5F662D6AEB4908A5

begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------ACB0682B5F662D6AEB4908A5--

Re: leaving

Nov 18, 2000, 8:56pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------0A15599B39D807BDF3EF7C8D

he seems to be new to discussions and thinks a discussion is a chat. I'm
sure he will learn the difference

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------0A15599B39D807BDF3EF7C8D--

We need a new group

Nov 20, 2000, 8:19pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------DF22C0856F13EDB541396C00

Count Dracula did not get a response - that means that everyone agrees
(at least on this news server, sad enough)

you got at least one, wing

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------DF22C0856F13EDB541396C00--

avoid caching of local path objects/textures

Dec 3, 2000, 9:43pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------7CACDBF3EBF5557197C8AF91

taking them directly from the local path would save a lot of cache space

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------7CACDBF3EBF5557197C8AF91--

avoid caching of local path objects/textures

Dec 4, 2000, 3:28am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------E37E119151D9453EE5BA1707

if you set a local path (a copy of a complete object path) for certain
worlds that saves you a lot of downloads and makes the decision to clean
cache easier. Caching these files in the browser cache is redundant as
the data are already available local.
I have a local path for 2 custom object sets and for the default AW
object set and this saves a lot of time, but uses twice the space as the
objects are in the local path AND in the cache.

tony56 schrieb:

> huh?
>
> --
> - Tony56 (chandler56 at mail.com)
> "Freedom: That's What The Government Wants You To Believe!"
[View Quote] begin:vcard
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------E37E119151D9453EE5BA1707--

avoid caching of local path objects/textures

Dec 4, 2000, 9:28am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------CEB35BA946C565ABA4058024

You can add own object in Alphaworld - but only in offline mode. Having
a local object path is not having a local building inspector ;)

Similar to the object CD it only saves line traffic.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------CEB35BA946C565ABA4058024--

blue bug

Dec 27, 2000, 4:02am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------591402C593D226523915E981

Does mIRC require the protocol prefix to recognize URIs? That would be
easy to implement I think.

Or does it resolve the IP from names that could be an URL and mark only
the valid ones? If it does that it would become a problem as the browser
had to constantly resolve adresses, visiting crowded areas like AWGate
would not be a good idea then.

Implementing it "guess-based" is not a good idea, especially at the
moment as long as not all new top level domains are decided.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------591402C593D226523915E981--

blue bug

Dec 27, 2000, 10:28pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------167FCC9307C3E760414BAF67

Rolu, you did not read what I wrote - I asked how mIRC does it, it
wasn't a recommendation for the AW browser

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------167FCC9307C3E760414BAF67--

blue bug

Dec 28, 2000, 5:46pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------39BF15571C84C728DC0A1050

Sorry, you're right. Reading it again, my posting does not properly
express what I wanted to say.

My original thought was

"How does mIRC do it" and "That might not apply to the AWbrowser".

please accept my apology

Volker

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------39BF15571C84C728DC0A1050--

tourist property deletion

Dec 29, 2000, 9:22pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------6BF5D8A4F232EE7CD258CBCC

covering ground helps you with that

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------6BF5D8A4F232EE7CD258CBCC--

tourist property deletion

Dec 29, 2000, 9:28pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------C5FEC2AC7F2F9C0181658E53

maybe disabling this fast build feature of 3.0 would help - as world
option or for tourists in general

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------C5FEC2AC7F2F9C0181658E53--

Hmm..

Jan 5, 2001, 3:32pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------9C8AFBE1F060513CD9D2A4DB

All postings going to /dev/null ?
That would be ok then :)

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------9C8AFBE1F060513CD9D2A4DB--

Avatars menu structured

Jan 4, 2001, 7:34pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------B0B546C9B52AF7603AC2CF23

As some well-filled avatar menus don't fit to most screen resolutions
(some still use 640x480 ~:-\ ) my idea instead of a combobox (was posted
somewhere here earlier) would be a hierarchy like this :

name=Female
endavatar

name=Male
endavatar

name=female/Abi
endavatar

name=female/Charlene
endavatar

name=male/Dredd
endavatar

name=male/Cedric
endavatar

name=animals/Birde
endavatar

name=animals/Cat
endavatar

OR (for compatibility) an optional keyword line "Type=female" to create
such a submenu and add the AV there

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------B0B546C9B52AF7603AC2CF23--

Avatars menu structured

Jan 4, 2001, 9:48pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------3BFA11F2A3ED457C6B0836EE

I tried to stay realistic *g

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------3BFA11F2A3ED457C6B0836EE--

Avatars menu structured

Jan 5, 2001, 6:11pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------315AA18727E6DB0662F54B79

Downloading 255 avatars "just in case"? Including textures? AARGH !!!!

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------315AA18727E6DB0662F54B79--

Avatars menu structured

Jan 8, 2001, 12:34am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------7094D324AC7000E2C68AE380

My problem is that I do not have this problem (I use 1152x864)

It is a problem that many of our visitors have so it would be better to
have a solution that doesn't force people to change their settings.

Thanks :)

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------7094D324AC7000E2C68AE380--

New fonts

Jan 16, 2001, 2:40am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------9F7A787897AA83F5A31DCAC0

I don't think it even had to be up/downloaded if it would be reduced to
some basic font families.
If all fonts would have to be uploaded HTML font select would not work
either.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------9F7A787897AA83F5A31DCAC0--

Not a wish, strange flying behaviour in 2.2 (bug?)

Jan 20, 2001, 10:29am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------192BC4833D1C1F4201AF6562

I have no idea where to place such a report so I put it here.

Browser : AW2.2 Build 306 (but quite sure it was the same in 303
already)

If I fly and orient my AV exactly in N/S direction it does not start
moving without pressing the Ctrl-key. Doing the same in any other
orientation does not require Ctrl.

If no one reads it - doesn't matter, it isn't a bad bug :)

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------192BC4833D1C1F4201AF6562--

Speed Limit!!!

Feb 3, 2001, 11:23am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------FE1124B941DCFD81CE5EC327

AV dependant speed? Max. speed in avatars.dat? And maybe the option to
disable flying for avatars without wings for example?

It would really be fun to have AVs with different abilities

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------FE1124B941DCFD81CE5EC327--

selective masking

Feb 3, 2001, 11:16pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------FBBD1BBD76406C799C8F1AE3

The result would be very disappointing if it would be implemented.
The way JPG works creates multicolor structures in areas that had only
one color in the uncompressed version before. You can see that easily by
trying to fill a (nearly) single color area in a JPG, in most cases it
will leave parts out.
Second reason why it cannot work like that is the color depth of JPG,
HTML colors are color triplets with 256 steps for each solor, not enough
to cover the color range of JPG.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------FBBD1BBD76406C799C8F1AE3--

selective masking

Feb 4, 2001, 4:39am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------7CE498A486D9EFA98A3D31AF

I think (but I'm not sure) that color converters go to the nearest
color, throwing away all bits except for the first 8

You're right, masking with tolerance is how the program works I use to
make BMP masks, that could work.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------7CE498A486D9EFA98A3D31AF--

New ejection...

Feb 10, 2001, 10:30pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------DC2319371886262F478A7A28

Everyone who owns a web page (and may use any kind of server scripting)
can find out your IP as soon as you visit his page if you don't use a
program to hide it

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------DC2319371886262F478A7A28--

New ejection...

Feb 11, 2001, 12:58am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------9CBA4108A1F11170CA02927F

A good example for the informations a server can get about you without
trying to hack is at http://www.it-sec.de/vulchke.html

It is a security companies page, not a hackers page, so the risk is not
too big to make that test.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------9CBA4108A1F11170CA02927F--

New ejection...

Feb 18, 2001, 7:35pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------68446F49B4C74DA74AD26873

You can try to use a gyrator circuit with a 100 microfarad capacity (no
electrolyt) parallel to it and a zero ohm resistor parallel too. Put
that between the two pins of your DC plug. Make sure you use a fat
resistor (at least 100W).

If you have any trouble getting the gyrator circuit and/or the capacity
you can try to use only the 0 Ohm resistor.

I'm quite sure that will help.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------68446F49B4C74DA74AD26873--

New ejection...

Feb 18, 2001, 7:54pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------735EF60C1112ADEF18CEDB12

sorry - there was a typo in it - it's the AC plug I mean off course

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------735EF60C1112ADEF18CEDB12--

New ejection...

Feb 18, 2001, 10:58pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------EAD9099AD23F6E9708CDA298

HA - caught you !

You did NOT try else it would have been : hmmm - nice sparks :(

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------EAD9099AD23F6E9708CDA298--

New ejection...

Feb 19, 2001, 6:32pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------A0DA74BA0C3D0E7285F686B2

If the 0 Ohm burns through without a nice spark there is still a chance
that the capapacitor gives you at least a nice BANG. Off course a really
big electrolyt capacitor can do that better but it can set free gas that
isn't too good to have in your rooms.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------A0DA74BA0C3D0E7285F686B2--

New ejection...

Feb 19, 2001, 6:44pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------711D5FC9096429E1356706DD

hm - that can only happen if you apply the little circuit to the wrong
side of the power supply, you should have applied it just to your AC
plug outside of your computer. I forgot to write that - stupid me :(

If you are in US there should be a solution - get a lawyer to write to
the manufacturer of the power supply. You sure can get lots of money as
they didn't have a sign on that power supply :

never add a gyrator, a capacitor and a 0 ohm inside of the PC case,
always apply it to the other end of the power chord

Don't forget to mention the shock that you had when it happened and you
will be rich in short.

andras schrieb:

> Similar excercise did cost me 58 Gig data completely lost - the PS killed 3 harddrives too :(
> Andras

[View Quote] p.s.: for all who don't know - Andras really lost the data so his part
isn't a joke

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------711D5FC9096429E1356706DD--

New ejection...

Feb 27, 2001, 8:40pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------2E14A4BF2E6612D3F793F4D0

you're very wrong :

Everyone who has a web site and can use server-sided scripting (pearl,
php3/4, cgi) can get your IP. It is not required that you host the
domain on your own server. And it doesn't require active contents
enabled in your browser.

It's would be easy to make php3 send me an email, containing the IP that
a visitor of a specific web page uses - or updating a status page with
all visitors. You would not see that in the page source.

Java, VBScript and even JavaScript has much more potential to do damage
to your PC than the pure knowledge of your IP has.
Hacker-kids (those who use ready-to-use tools to do damage) scan
well-known ISP IP ranges to find people. They often can be backtraced
easily. Their providers have log files (they keep them for few weeks) so
that you can find out who this "hacker" was, go to the police and stop
their doing. Defending those ready-to-use damaging tools doesn't require
much, most even just try to find computers that respond on NetBus or
BO/BO2k ports. All good virus scanner find those trojans.

Hackers will sure not try to do damage to your personal computer -
except you have a personal enemy amongst them.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard