ananas // User Search

1  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  |

Auto-Hide online status

May 19, 2003, 4:46pm
The privacy options are nice to have some privacy for a while if
you get 80 grams within an hour and want to talk to your friends
instead of answering telegrams for some time.

But there are people who always hide and are surprised when you
tell them why they cannot see _your_ online status anymore.
Just yesterday a good friend suddenly had a question mark by his
name and when I told him that, he even thought it was a bug in
the browser. I'm sure it was not the browser, he just played with
the settings and set this checkmark by mistake.

[View Quote]

What Citizens Want

May 1, 2003, 4:44pm
The bandwidth argument does not apply for non-AW hosted worlds.
A tourist who is there anyway even causes less traffic on AWs
servers if he visits a self-hosted world.

[View Quote]

[AWNews] Tourist Poll

May 1, 2003, 11:00pm
The poll form seems not to work in Netscape 4.78, IE 5.0
or Opera 5.0 . What are the requirements?

[View Quote]

[AWNews] Tourist Poll

May 2, 2003, 3:54am
Nearly no web pages are valid HTML nowadays :(

[View Quote]

[AWNews] Tourist Poll

May 2, 2003, 3:55am
The next thread gave me the idea, maybe I need to
be registered to get the complete form.

[View Quote]

[AWNews] Tourist Poll

May 3, 2003, 5:28am
Reflecting the way web pages and websites are made TODAY would
mean NO standard at all.

[View Quote]

Someone REALLY lost the plot

May 2, 2003, 7:38pm
I doubt this statement - well, at least I think you're
wrong if you refer to the age of the body.

From the people I met ages seem to cover the full range
between about 6 and about 80 in a quite flat curve.

[View Quote]

Someone REALLY lost the plot

May 3, 2003, 5:23am
Nope, I like this "mix", we need them all :)

[View Quote]

More Anonymous Opinions

May 3, 2003, 5:39am
I think even more important than increasing the tourist rights
is an indicator where they can go.

I imagine it's frustrating to try this and that and the third
world and always be rejected.

Labirint is open for tourists, with building rights from 19-30
coords away from GZ :)

[View Quote]

Sneek Peek, are you ready?

May 4, 2003, 9:33am
Fully agreed.

I use FAgent for usenet sometimes and at least the version I have
shows HTML source, not interpreted HTML - and I think it is correct
what it does.

Some OE versions even have a serious security problem with HTML.
Even if you disallowed active contents on HTML mail pages it will
execute those active contents in the preview window.

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to make NetScape ignore HTML
postings completely but at least it does not execute anything
active there.

Size, compatibility and security issues together should be a good
reason to use NNTP for the purpose it has been designed for :
transport of plain text informations.

[View Quote]

Sneek Peek, are you ready?

May 4, 2003, 8:28pm
Not on this PC anymore *g

[View Quote]

How to ignore a poster?

May 4, 2003, 9:23am
I think, a better idea would be to ignore a thread that
does not interest you.

If you block a sender you will still see all replies.

I don't know how to do it in Outlook. In NetScape you
just hilite (left-click) the thread and press the letter K .

[View Quote]

Problem with sending files

May 7, 2003, 5:02pm
Do you happen to have DSL?

[View Quote]

Problem with sending files

May 7, 2003, 5:49pm
DSL seems to make a difference. Several people with DSL
cannot send but receive files.

I am not connected through any router, switch, firewall or
whatever. My connect request for file transfer arrives on
the receivers side, Andras checked it with a paket monitor,
but the receiver does not reply.
This shows that it is not a port specific problem.

It is not hardware specific either. I use a DSL modem card
and have T-DSL (german Telecom DSL, slightly different from
standard ADSL), Count Dracula from Finland has an external
DSL modem and a network card I think. Both is asynchronous DSL.

We tested it in a universe that allows 2.2 and had the same
problem, it is a very old bug.

Changing the max. MTU size didn't fix the problem.

My guess : it is a timing problem.

[View Quote]

Problem with sending files

May 7, 2003, 6:28pm
Different timing?

[View Quote]

Problem with sending files

May 7, 2003, 8:06pm
The request goes out, when the receiver says "y" it opens the file
select boy, but then the sender gets :

File transfer aborted (unable to write data)

at once, directly after clicking the send button, no delay at all.

The receiver gets

File transfer aborted (unable to read data)

This is definitely not a firewall problem.

[View Quote]

Problem with sending files

May 7, 2003, 9:05pm
I am sender, not receiver when this happens, so the directory
does not matter. On a 2.2 with ISDN it worked, the same
AW installation with T-DSL does not work. The problem occurs
with all AW versions I have and is independant from file size
and type.

And this experience I share with some others, the file transfer
stopped working when they got faster lines.

The registry settings for the paket sizes are fine, maxMTU 1492
should work - you already gave me those links once and I used
one of them :)

The sync paket arrives at the receivers side on the correct
port but the port is not listening. It seems to start listening
_after_ the paket has arrived, so the sender side is missing
the sync.

[View Quote]

Getting Web Teleports to work in WinXP

May 7, 2003, 8:22pm
If you click a teleport link in the integrated web browser
window, this does not go through the internet, so those
should work independant from the windows version.
The AW browser recognizes the string "teleport.cgi?" and/or
"objects.activeworlds.com/cgi-bin" or even just "teleport?"
and executes the teleport without having a web connect.

The external browser needs a registry entry though, I am
not sure how this has to look in XP.

[View Quote]

the end of xealgot bots

Jun 6, 2003, 5:53pm
Do you have trouble to decide - skin or bones ;)

[View Quote]

A Message

Jun 4, 2003, 3:02pm
Living in a capitalistic country does not force you to live
only for monetary profit. If you do so, you are missing most
of your life. Try to live for your outcome, for what you
think you need, don't listen to others who try to tell you
what you need.

[View Quote]

Java

Jun 15, 2003, 6:40am
Java Runtime itself is free, you probably already have
it on your computer.

Always a good ressource for stuff like editors, class
browsers, compilers or IDEs :

http://www.sourceforge.net

elfkaz schrieb:
> Hi I was wondering is there a free Java program that allows you to make Java
> programs? Cause I wanna try to build a program in Java.

New Committee

Jun 18, 2003, 5:32pm
Nearly everyone here reads at least the community NG,
crossposting is not required.

AW Picture

Jun 28, 2003, 2:46pm
I don't think we are so helpless to need _this_ .
And what if he wants to stay after this hour?

[View Quote]

Okay you can kill me now...

Jul 4, 2003, 5:42pm
Enthusiasm of many people got lost when AW excluded tourists,
I can understand your decision. AW has never been like it was
before after that, even if tourists are allowed back now.

But still I would miss my friends, several of them are still
there. Maybe you should consider to have just a meeting place,
a P5 with tourist access.

Labirint is tourist enabled and some former citizens still
pop in now and then as tourists ...

CU, wings0nite or "wings0nite" :)

Volker

Another M A T T joke [198 kb]

Jul 6, 2003, 11:42am
- Some people read NGs offline to save online time
- People who catch up might download everything

It is really bad manner to post large binaries in a NG
that has not explicitely been marked for binary contents.

[View Quote]

Another M A T T joke [198 kb]

Jul 6, 2003, 5:14pm
Why not be polite if you can?

[View Quote]

Another M A T T joke [198 kb]

Jul 7, 2003, 3:50am
Uploading large images to a non-binary group is unpolite.
Beeing lazy is a very weak excuse for breaking netiquette.

[View Quote]

Another M A T T joke [198 kb]

Jul 8, 2003, 2:43am
You do not care for other people, this shows it again.
Doesn't make me wonder that you don't have friends.

[View Quote]

Another M A T T joke [198 kb]

Jul 9, 2003, 1:21pm
<quote>
Submissions are evaluated as to whether or not ...
(2) they meet netiquette
</quote>

The netiquette for NGs asks people to post binary attachments
only to groups that are marked "binary" (and not to use HTML
at all) to keep the size small.

[View Quote]

Object makers please reframe from using caps!!

Jul 13, 2003, 2:08am
Rename is sufficient. The filename inside of the ZIP plays no role.
Andras has a rename program link on his tools page, I think rnameit
or so was the name.

[View Quote]

1  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  |