tony56 // User Search

1  ...  4  5  6  7  |

VR United Newsletter now up..

Jan 31, 2001, 1:23am
For those who care enough to bother..
Just send an email to vru.news-subscribe at listbot.com and you will get a
verification email!

--
- Tony56 (Tony M.) [chandler56 at mail.com]
"All typos are optical illusions"

VR United Newsletter now up..

Jan 31, 2001, 8:08pm
[View Quote] >I don't want to hear about AW clones that will
> end up going NOWHERE in the AW group.

Thanks for sharing your optimism..

>Now if it were better, I could stand
> it.

What do you want me to do that would make it "better" to you?

>However, OGL support isn't going to make it better. Theres a VERY small
> group of OGL supporting cards that don't support D3d. An upcoming AW
version
> will support OGL (3.2 possibly) and personally, I can wait.

Again, thanks...

> --
> Wing
> This little spot is dedicated to my girl, Jessie.
> WHAT TIME IS IT? GAME TIME!
> Ravens are goin Festivus Maximus on Purple Sunday
> AW Citizen 305004 "Wing"
> bathgate at prodigy.net
> eyemwing at teleport.com
> ICQ #101207433
[View Quote]

am i the only one who thinks this? or is it the negative seems to overpower the positive..

Feb 6, 2001, 8:21pm
STOP posting in HTML.. Eep had a point. your last 2 messages were 13kb
and 18kb

--
- Tony56 (Tony M.) [chandler56 at mail.com]
"All typos are optical illusions"
[View Quote] --
J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com
G O I N G P L A T I N U M
[View Quote] An example of what 'can' be done in Alpha can be found here:

http://objects.activeworlds.com/cgi-bin/teleport.cgi?aw_6505S_6556.80E

(er... yep... another shameless plug for what I'm building, this time
at Verge City :-) (can't fit any of the Beta features into my old
location(s)))

WARNING - As with everything I build... IT'S MAXED OUT. Those with
slow system may want to think twice before going there... BUT if you can
handle it, give it a visit. Best viewed at 120 meters (altho' 50m is ok
I guess). (If you'r on the Beta List even better...)

As anyone who does check this location out can see, I have better
things to do then complain all the time about what the Software 'can't'
do. (and of late I'v just been 'mark(ing) as read' the posts in this
Group - I can't be bothered wading thru' the same old story over and
over again)

My 2 cents...

[View Quote] need I remind you it's only $20 a year.. i guarantee all of you
reading this pay more to connect to the internet and yet you don't jump
down their throught at every feasible error (well some of you do, but
that's beyond the point) The point that i'm trying to make is that
sure, you can complain and whine and moan.. but you must act on it to
make differance.. your not going to get anywhere by saying bad things
about ppl who make the software most of us use daily, submit a
respectable letter if you want to see a differance.. that's what you do
in real life, and why should that be different here? bashing and
slamming someone whoms skills are beyond comparison of those whim
critize his abilities is not away to get anything but ignored.... trust
me on this one... there is a reason roland doesn't read these NGs..
maybe if you were more kind to him, he'd rather listen to your input..
most things don't occur without reason.. and i highly doubt that the
feelings in which you bestow did not become because a person is lacking
some personal qualities, although that is the case many times, i feel it
is best to give the benefit of the doubt, perhaps if the tables were to
turn, you'de want the same.. and i leave you with the golden rule, treat
others who you'de like to be treated.. I think it is the most widely
spread, under considered saying of all time.. just stop and think next
time you insult something which is not convenient for you personally..
ahh.. civilization has spoiled us, and once again returned to bite us on
the ass...
--
J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com
G O I N G P L A T I N U M
[View Quote] [View Quote] if roland wasn't what i thought of as a good programer, then i
wouldn't
praise him.. but i feel he is, and therefore i do... you wonder
why he might
be unmotivated to do the things some of you demand... it's
perfectly clear
to me why he does not..
--
J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

how incompetent can AWCI get? god damn...

Feb 8, 2001, 9:54pm
How is Eep or anyone to know first-hand if the person is in a country
that does not use English as a primary language? It's rude, not
racist.

[View Quote] >
>Greets:)

[View Quote]
- Tony56 (Tony M.) [chandler56 at mail.com]
"All typos are optical illusions"

Zone Alarm

Feb 8, 2001, 8:15pm
ZoneAlarm is just fine for me.

Win98SE

--
- Tony56 (Tony M.) [chandler56 at mail.com]
"All typos are optical illusions"

User dismissal vote

Feb 8, 2001, 8:51pm
Tony56 [314753] - *S*T*A*Y*

--
- Tony56 (Tony M.) [chandler56 at mail.com]
"All typos are optical illusions"

User dismissal vote

Feb 8, 2001, 10:00pm
Don't read them in school?

[View Quote] >SW Comit 297649 - Remove

>I want him removed because he harrasses people, and I don't like to see all
>the langauge when I'm reading the NGs in school, or else I could lose my
>computer rights.

- Tony56 (Tony M.) [chandler56 at mail.com]
"All typos are optical illusions"

User dismissal vote

Feb 9, 2001, 2:24am
A strong and truthful letter of what has happened... **claps**
Sorry to see ya leave..

--
- Tony56 (Tony M.) [chandler56 at mail.com]
"All typos are optical illusions"

No Confidence Vote

Feb 9, 2001, 12:27am
This is really pointless.

AW - Management = 0.. nothing.. zip.

On 8 Feb 2001 20:23:19 -0500, "katalyzt" <predator at microhard.com>
[View Quote] >This post is to vote upon the dismissal of the AWCI Management.

>The board of directors has been a source of continuous embarrassment.
>
>The directors have been given many avenues to redeem themselves in the eyes
>of the newsgroup community, and have been given many opportunities to show
>themselves a decent, productive and respectful members thereof.
>
>Thus, it is the wish of the AW community, to put forth a vote to have the
>the current management removed for the foreseeable future.
>
>Votes are to be cast as one of two choices
>
>To have the management remain, please vote as:
><citizen name - number> -"Stay"
>
>To vote to have them removed, please vote:
><citizen name - number> - "Remove".
>
>In making your decision, please review recent past performance by these people,
>and use it to make your best judgment on the matter, namely:
>
>1. Failure to create shareholder value.
>2. Inability to attract new customers.
>3. Technical incompetence as demonstrated by recent failures in Eduverse
> and Alphaworld.
>4. Poor quality products and late delivery of enhancements.
>5. Unacceptable customer relations and sales support.
>6. Inadequate response to customer complaints.
>7. Hiring of unskilled support staff.
>
>As the initiator of this vote, I begin the tally by casting my own, as an
>Active worlds citizen.
>
>Takeover 305600 - Remove.
>
>The voting has begun.
>
>(This is not a joke haha)

- Tony56 (Tony M.) [chandler56 at mail.com]
"All typos are optical illusions"

No Confidence Vote

Feb 9, 2001, 12:40am
This may not be what you're looking for, but I'm uhh doing something
that may resemble AW slightly. I'm still developing, of course, but
I'll be done with the final release by February 14th..

http://www.vrunited.net

[View Quote] >Obviously I'm interested in better management. Kat emailed me about starting a new AWlike program, but we need more programmers (not kids just starting out). Any takers?

[View Quote]
- Tony56 (Tony M.) [chandler56 at mail.com]
"All typos are optical illusions"

No Confidence Vote

Feb 9, 2001, 1:39am
Hmm.. I'll make some in a bit, the URL to them posted on the main page.
I've read your page, and I may try to implement your suggestions into
VRU over time :)

--
- Tony56 (Tony M.) [chandler56 at mail.com]
"All typos are optical illusions"

Vote to stop the vote

Feb 9, 2001, 2:21am
Tony56 - 314753- Cease this Infernal Nonsense! (in other words, "stop")

--
- Tony56 (Tony M.) [chandler56 at mail.com]
"All typos are optical illusions"

I was ejected from AWGate for NO REASON

Feb 11, 2001, 10:48pm
STOP posting in HTML.

--
- Tony56 (Tony M.) [chandler56 at mail.com]
"All typos are optical illusions"
[View Quote] Immigration Officer: Welcome to the Gateway to Active Worlds!

[Customs Aide]: Welcome, Internal Affairs. For the Conduct Guidelines
please say World Rules or see http://www.activeworlds.com/conduct.html

[StockQuoteBot]: Hi Internal Affairs. Ask me for stock quotes! Whisper
HELP or 0:symbol to me, e.g., whisper 0:MSFT :-)

Internal Affairs: Hello

CeeCee: America has tons of building objects BUT their lots are very
small

Internal Affairs: Good day to you all

CeeCee: Hiyas Internal Affairs

A Citizen: hi internal affairs

Internal Affairs: hello ceecee

SMOKE JUMPER1: hi internal

cabLecar gaL: hiya IA

Internal Affairs: Have you read the newsgroups yet?

Internal Affairs: About the "situtation"?

cabLecar gaL: sorry I can't say I have IA

Internal Affairs: Very well...

Internal Affairs: Where did VindicatorIII go?

cabLecar gaL: he is brb for a bit

cabLecar gaL: he will be back

CeeCee: Don't know IA he said brb and he hasen't come back yet

Internal Affairs: Very strange

Internal Affairs: Did he sign off?

cabLecar gaL: no IA

Internal Affairs: Is there a need for concern?

cabLecar gaL: nope IA he is still here

Internal Affairs: I se

Internal Affairs: err see excuse me

cabLecar gaL: hun I have not read it so I donm't know

Optimus Prime: Hello everyone :-))

Internal Affairs: hello OP

Internal Affairs: Good Afternoon OP

"xxsandmanxx": Hi Op.

CeeCee: (((((((((((( OP )))))))))

SMOKE JUMPER1: hi optimus

VindicatorIII: back

Optimus Prime: hello all It is once again time For Prime Time

Internal Affairs: Hello VindicatorIII

VindicatorIII: To FLY in AW, use the Plus (+) and Minus (-) keys on your
numeric keypad. Plus to go UP and Minus to come back DOWN again.

Internal Affairs: Spreading some welcome back macros ehy lol?

CeeCee: lol IA

VindicatorIII: You are now warned

Internal Affairs: why what did I do???

Immigration Officer: You have been ejected from awgate

After being ejected, I had no idea why. I didn't break ANY guidelines,
so I telegramed VindicatorIII and here is what she said in response:

Telegram from VindicatorIII, sent 8 minutes ago:

This is the only message you will get tonight. Your IP address and the
full chat log and copies of your telegrams have been passed to AW. I
intend to have your Citizenship cancelled

I told her that I would report her for misconduct, and this is what she
said back to me:

Telegram from VindicatorIII, sent 6 minutes ago:

You go right ahead.

Telegramming her again resulted in no such luck. I, honestly, have no
idea why this had to happen. It could be something with what happened
yesterday in the gate with Craig, but I am not sure. I am very
disappointed in the current GK program. If this kind of behavior keeps
up, I can guarantee you they won't be seeing another $20 for my renewal
next year, nor any referrals from other tourists from registering. They
really need better screening and more careful monitoring of your GKs.

OPPPPPPSSSS

Feb 11, 2001, 10:59pm
huh?

--
- Tony56 (Tony M.) [chandler56 at mail.com]
"All typos are optical illusions"

Dance in Zion! :o)

Feb 20, 2001, 12:16am
Where: world Zion
When: Friday. 7pm to 9m VRT

Join us as we celebreate the remodelling of Ground Zero :o)
A live DJ (bot) will play music & randomly run games. There might be
trivia; who knows! See the spectacular light effects that we've put in
place

-Note- Zion is not optimized for AW 2.2 users

- Tony56.

A reason to keep an installed 2.2

Feb 26, 2001, 10:29pm
I can name one: VectorScape (or did they upgrade?)
A *2.1* (yes, 2.1) galax (not uni) is AmeriWorld (gineric.com)

Not all versions of 3.0 need a 3.0+ uni. Any build before AW 3.0 b344
doesn't check the version of the universe server, so it works for those
old unis & galaxies.

[View Quote] Fox Mc Cloud

"ananas" <vha at oct31.de> a écrit dans le message news:
3A9AE806.B2CD243D at oct31.de...
> At least 3.1 seems to require the updated world or universe server,
not
> sure about 3.0 .
>
> So if you visit several universes you should keep a copy

ActiveWorlds IRC. Does it exist?

Mar 2, 2001, 8:46pm
One reason the distance exists is so you can have private conversations.

[View Quote] And a small arguement also...

My problem with chatting in AW is that I have to be close enough to the
chatters to listen....
When I'm building somewhere remote, there is no one around to listen to,
and
respond.....

There's never enough people in one area to have a nice long
conversation...

The only conversations I've seen were at ground zero, supply yards, or
at
special events. (Cy Awards etc...)

Maybe if AW allowed us the option to lower or remove the distance
limitations to "Listen" it would be different.

> sorry... I don't post on the newsgroups often but I found this subject
> delightfully stupid :)

Why do we have to limit ourselves by using AW alone?

We have these newsgroups to post messages about AW, why can't we do the
same
thing on IRC?

Just Wondering...... James Wyatt...

ActiveWorlds IRC. Does it exist?

Mar 11, 2001, 8:00am
yeah... if you have IE installed so the AW web window works. next? :)

[View Quote]

HELP!OFF TOPIC

Mar 4, 2001, 10:09pm
OMG! Did this HAVE to be 30kb of just QUESTION MARKS? Think, boy! Not
everybody has cable/isdn/dsl.

[View Quote]

3rd abuse report : [Fwd: Re: HELP!OFF TOPIC]

Mar 4, 2001, 10:22pm
I have also filed an abuse report.

[View Quote] Volker Hatzenberger

*snip*

Re: Resignation from CitBingo

Mar 17, 2001, 2:12am
I concur with your statements.. Daphne, SoS is right. Gorean's are
humans, too; no matter what they do, just like crazy serial killers and
those kinds of people.. they may do stupid stuff but they're still
human.

[View Quote]

Re: Resignation from CitBingo

Mar 18, 2001, 8:48pm
You posted this twice.. and in HTML! At least don't use HTML..
[View Quote] I too have witnessed Daphnes abuse towards those of Gor and it's really
disgusting that SHE represents AW and is getting away with this. if it
were some of us other ones, we would be removed from the premises
PRONTO!

I'm delighted that Jynx is in that Bingo and helps run it. I enjoy Bingo
MUCH more when she is there. She is ALWAYS pleasant to EVERYONE. Putting
her in charge there was an EXCELLENT move *VBS* Daphne on the other
hand? Puh lease *rolling my frigging eyes* I have chatlogs where she
has been verbally abuseive towards those of gor and it's not right.
She's making the rest of the AW staff look bad.

I vote REMOVE Daphne before AW loses all their Bingo players and several
cit's. I think it's wonderful that BVS has offered his time to donate a
wonderful prize to Bingo. I wish I knew how to create such beautiful
pictures like he does. I don't donate to CitBingo BECAUSE of Daphne. I
will NEVER donate to ANYTHING that has ANYTHING to do with her!

SoS and his Mom are 2 of the most wonderful, sweet, caring and giving
people to AW and I think very highly of the 2 of them and to see SoS be
forced to leave because of ONE person, then it's a shame!

There! I've said my piece!

Come back SoS

CLC down

Mar 20, 2001, 12:12am
http://www.virtualave.net (Zion's OP is on that)
[View Quote]

Active-Worlds.co.uk - HELP!

Mar 19, 2001, 4:06pm
A universe owned by Lord Vector.

[View Quote]

Active-Worlds.co.uk - HELP!

Mar 19, 2001, 8:09pm
Um, it's an AW universe.

www.vectorscape.com
[View Quote]

Active-Worlds.co.uk - NEW DESIGN IS ONLINE!

Mar 20, 2001, 9:29pm
A note, it is just ActiveWorlds with no dash between 'e' and 'W' :o)

[View Quote]

1  ...  4  5  6  7  |