goober king // User Search

1  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  47  |

to daphne

Sep 3, 2002, 8:18pm
*cough* he's joking *cough*

Geez, no wonder these people are so uptight! They have absolutely no
sense of humor! :P

[View Quote] --
Goober King
Kindly remove the stick from your ass and see how far you get...
robrod at prism.net

dont mind this post, testing

Sep 2, 2002, 12:42am
That's what general discussion is for. :P

[View Quote] --
Goober King
It was a test... it was only a test...
robrod at prism.net

Perfection does not exist?

Sep 3, 2002, 2:24pm
I must say, that's definitely an excellent model if it was just done
with Maya and no in-house post-production. Just watch, in about 5 or 10
years, things like Final Fantasy and all the other attempts at "real"
human models will look cheap compared to what's in store, especially
once it trickles down to the consumer market. :)

Now he remembers why he got involved with 3D in the first place! :D
robrod at prism.net

Events

Sep 6, 2002, 1:58pm
Exactly how are you going to get people to return the world after four
months?

There is no honor amongst avatars...
robrod at prism.net

Events

Sep 8, 2002, 5:32pm
Obviously, you never played Guess Who? before... Basically, the idea is
that each player gets a collection of pictures of people and then each
player is given a second picture of one of the people in that set as
their "it" man. Then, players take turns asking questions in an attempt
to eliminate people from the group and find out who the "it" man is.
(i.e. "Does your person wear glasses?" If the other person says 'no',
then you can flip down all the people in your set that are wearing
glasses, otherwise you can flip down all the people who *don't* have
glasses) Whoever correctly guess who the other player's "it" man first,
wins. If you guess wrong, then the other person wins.

http://www.toys2wish4.com/gueswhogamby.html - This is what the original
game looks like

Could even use AW avatars for it! :D
robrod at prism.net

To those of you who use ChatZone3D

Sep 9, 2002, 1:10am
Except what would ChatZone 3D people be doing in the AW NGs? The only
people you'd reach in here are the tiny minority of people who use both
AW and CZ. Methinks this post would have been more effective in the CZ
NGs...

Provided, of course, that they *have* NGs...
robrod at prism.net

To those of you who use ChatZone3D

Sep 9, 2002, 9:44am
Exactly. :P

Nobody reads these things! :(
robrod at prism.net

Re: For your listening pleasure...:

Sep 7, 2002, 4:40am
You didn't have to bother. Tyrell was just being an ass. :P

Amazed at Tyrell's propensity for snobbery...
robrod at prism.net

Taking bets..

Sep 8, 2002, 6:30pm
God, we're surrounded by idiots. Nothing like watching a bunch of
prepubescent arguing about something they've only heard about in
passing. I'm not even going to bother getting into this retarded
discussion, since it's obvious *none* of you know what the hell you're
talking about. (which is part of the problem, really...) All I will say
is I hope Bush has enough sense to consider all angles before making a
decision, which he appears to be doing. (consulting Congress, etc)

And as for taking bets, I'll refer you again to the "idiots" statement.
You may think that all the rehashing of 9/11 is overkill, but that
doesn't give you the right to belittle it for those who actually may
still be looking for closure. It was the most traumatic event to occur
on American soil since Pearl Harbor, and whether you like it or not,
it's going to take a *long* time until we all get over it. So shut yer
hole and let people deal with it as they see fit. It's not as if we're
going to run out of land/worlds any time soon.

Better to remain silent and thought the fool, than to open your mouth
and remove all doubt...
robrod at prism.net

A!!CT World will drop Heartfall Sept.16

Sep 18, 2002, 9:40am
Geez, Insanity! Just pick a name and stick with it, will ya?! Trying to
make people think that there's more than one person involved with
Heartfall doesn't exactly bode well for your credibility...

[View Quote] --
Goober King
Hosts are known to carry viruses...
robrod at prism.net

A!!CT World will drop Heartfall Sept.16

Sep 27, 2002, 10:53pm
In that case, judging from your tenuous grasp of English grammar,
punctuation, and your apparent inability to organize your thoughts, (if
you can even call them that...) you should fit right in around here! :P

Welcoming you to the one big happy dysfunctional family that is the AW
NGs...
robrod at prism.net

A!!CT World will drop Heartfall Sept.16

Oct 6, 2002, 3:51am
The only interesting thing I see here is that he makes *no* mention of
your personal life whatsoever. The closest he ever gets is saying that
you might have some financial difficulty, but beyond that, nothing.

Let's face facts here, folks: Everyone involved with this thread is NOT
helping the situation any. MrBruce's credibility is getting shot more to
hell every time he posts. And as I'm sure Bluemax and Carolann are
figuring out, you can't convince those people who feel they've been
wronged by InSaNiTy otherwise. And, of course, Mr Heartfall himself
isn't helping by posting under ever-changing aliases and trying to
convince the world that there's more to his "company" than just him.

So, my suggestion to *everyone*, and that includes you Bruce, is to quit
while you're ahead, go outside, and take a nice deep breath. Hopefully,
by the time you all come back, you'll be a bit more sane and reasonable
and we'll all have forgotten about this pointless argument.

[View Quote] --
Goober King
Quitting while he's ahead...
robrod at prism.net

A!!CT World will drop Heartfall Sept.16

Oct 6, 2002, 9:18pm
Because we're not moderators ;P

Just who *is* the moderator, anyway? :P
robrod at prism.net

A!!CT World will drop Heartfall Sept.16

Oct 9, 2002, 6:54pm
*sigh* And we were doing so well, too. Almost two whole days without
someone continuing this thread. Max, I suggest you drop this whole thing
like a live grenade and move on. Defending yourself will just make Bruce
defend himself, which means you'll have to defend yourself again, etc,
etc, etc. Not to mention all the other folks around here inserting their
two cents. *glances at Bowen*

Closing in on a month for this thread! :P
robrod at prism.net

Eep's Objects (was: Re: Object Path Protection)

Sep 13, 2002, 5:45pm
Erm, unless your newsreader is not configured properly, you'd see that
Shred was replying to Robbie's original post...

As for Sleepy E, I've never encountered him in person, but from the
sounds of it, he's one of the "good guys". If he's actually telling AW
about all the security holes he finds, then he's a lot better than the
script kiddies who brag about finding them just to other people and then
exploit them for all their worth. This would be the difference between a
"hacker" (good guy) and "cracker" (script kiddie). If Sleepy E didn't
find them first, someone else with more malicious intents would.

H4X0RZ R 1337! CR4CK0RZ SUX!
robrod at prism.net

Eep's Objects (was: Re: Object Path Protection)

Sep 14, 2002, 12:27am
Looks like it's already too late. :P

Joe, what the hell are you getting on MilesTeg's case about? He *agrees*
with you, for Chrissake! The only point he's trying to make is that just
because Sleepy E is one of the good guys doesn't mean other "hackers"
are so noble. MilesTeg, and every other world owner in AW, has a right
to be concerned about hackers/crackers entering their worlds, even if
it's something as innocuous as a tourist going where he shouldn't go.
It's not as if Sleepy E will stop the other crackers just because he
finds the holes first.

Could stand to take a chill pill for those raging hormones...
robrod at prism.net

Eep's Objects (was: Re: Object Path Protection)

Sep 14, 2002, 12:28pm
Joe, I'm going to kindly request, in the nicest terms possible, that you
shut the hell up. You are acting like a total moron for no reason. So
unless you really *do* want everyone to think you're a "child", I
suggest you quit while you're ahead.

If only you could *prevent* stupidity...
robrod at prism.net

Eep's Objects (was: Re: Object Path Protection)

Sep 14, 2002, 12:32pm
You don't get it, do you? He wasn't saying that it *wasn't* Sleepy E, he
was only saying that it *might* not have been Sleepy E. It could very
easily have been some script kiddie using the tourist name "Sleepy E" to
fool everyone. If you can't understand a concept as simple as that, then
you'll need more than homework to help you. :P

Like medication...
robrod at prism.net

Eep's Objects (was: Re: Object Path Protection)

Sep 17, 2002, 8:49pm
Looks like you could use a "War for Total Idiots" edition. :P

Just ignore SWE, Linn, he's a moron. As for Sleepy E, he doesn't
actually *work* for AWI as far as I know, but he tells them about
security holes that he finds. So AWI can't tell world owners when he'll
"attack" because he's not under AWI's control. Like everyone else has
been saying, be glad Sleepy E's the one finding these holes, rather than
some cracker with more malicious intentions...

"Newsgroups for Total Idiots"? Oh wait, that's the AW NGs! :P
robrod at prism.net

Eep's Objects (was: Re: Object Path Protection)

Sep 18, 2002, 10:00am
If so, then it would seem AWI isn't telling world owners about it before
it happens.

Communication is a good thing!
robrod at prism.net

Eep's Objects (was: Re: Object Path Protection)

Sep 18, 2002, 6:47pm
Your so-called example had nothing to do with what was being discussed.
And I was repeating what everyone else had said because it was obvious
that Linn *still* wasn't getting it. I just reworded it a bit in the
hopes that it would be easier to understand. If anything, your "example"
will just confuse her even more. :P

[View Quote] --
Goober King
"so now Sleepy E is bombing people ??? hummmm"
robrod at prism.net

Creating a Database!

Sep 13, 2002, 7:41pm
Well, it depends what kind of "goodies" you have on the server. If you
have Perl on there, the simplest way would be to use a flat-file,
tab-delimited database (basically, a text file where all the information
is separated by tabs and line breaks). If you have PHP, then you can use
a mySQL database. If you have something higher-end, like ASP or
ColdFusion, you can simply use an Access database and upload it onto
your webspace. Clear? :P

Go ColdFusion! :D
robrod at prism.net

console survey

Sep 14, 2002, 12:36pm
How do you expect people to be able to honestly answer this survey
unless they own all the systems?

There's such a thing as asking for *too* much info...
robrod at prism.net

Privacy Leak in Mozilla and Mozilla-Based Browsers

Sep 16, 2002, 7:08pm
Thanks for the tip, but why would anyone care where you're going *from*
a site? I don't think webmasters are sitting there thinking "Gee, I
wonder where all my visitors go after they come to my site..."

Some people are a tad too protective of their privacy...
robrod at prism.net

Privacy Leak in Mozilla and Mozilla-Based Browsers

Sep 17, 2002, 2:02pm
I suppose that could be a concern, except I don't know too many people
who bookmark FTP sites in their web browser. Most people I know use an
FTP program like WS_FTP or CuteFTP to get their FTP stuff done. Still,
I'm sure the Mozilla folks will have it all patched up in no time.

The power of open source
robrod at prism.net

uhhhhh

Sep 18, 2002, 10:14am
I suppose now would be a good time to give everyone a heads up as to our
situation with AWNews.com

As some of you may know, we've been in the process of transferring all
AWNews property from Cybor, the former owner, to myself. The website
hosting has been secured, but the awnews.com domain name is another
matter entirely.

The story goes like this: It didn't seem as if there was any
straightforward way to transfer the domain from one owner to another.
So, Cybor decided to just let the domain run out and I would have to
pick it up when it went on the public market. Unfortunately, I couldn't
get a straight answer out of register.com, the domain's registrar, as to
when the domain would go public. Still, since all the other "awnews"
domains (awnews.net, awnews.org, etc) have been available for months, I
figured no one would go for awnews.com, so I didn't watch it very
closely. Boy, was that a mistake.

On Sept. 8th, soon after the domain went public, some domain-grubbing
outfit called MostWantedDomains.com snatched it up and posted it as
being "up for sale". When I asked them how much they wanted for it, they
told me $1,250. I essentially told them to stuff it, since I would've
only had to pay $35 for it had I picked it up in time, and that they'll
never find another buyer for that domain.

Which brings us to now. Since I doubt MWD.com is going to be generous
enough to simply drop the domain, we're in the process of trying to
decide on a new domain name for AWNews. Possible suggestions include
domains like aw-news.com and awnews.org. If any of you has a suggestion
you think would be a) easy to remember, and b) has something to do with
"AWNews", feel free to post it here and we'll consider it.

Thanks for your help, and we're sorry for any disruption/inconvenience
all of this may have caused you. :-/

AWNews.? Editor in Chief
robrod at prism.net

uhhhhh

Sep 18, 2002, 6:49pm
Obviously not, otherwise you wouldn't have said it to me already. :P

Notes Brock hopping on the "I told you so!" bandwagon...
robrod at prism.net

uhhhhh

Sep 19, 2002, 4:03pm
You moron! Sending them offensive e-mail doesn't help anyone at *all*. If anything, it just
makes the rest of us look like flaming idiots. Somehow I knew the AWTeeners would screw this
all up, which is partly why I didn't want to pursue anything in the first place. *shakes head*

Teen Mentality + Worthy Cause = Blatant Stupidity
robrod at prism.net

uhhhhh

Sep 19, 2002, 5:02pm
Where I come from, "very offensive" means "laced with profanity and
insults". If you actually presented your argument in an intelligent
manner, then it's all good. :)

[View Quote] --
Goober King
There're those dangerous assumptions again...
robrod at prism.net

uhhhhh

Sep 19, 2002, 5:19pm
The problem is Worldwide Media, Inc isn't a large corporation. In fact,
it shouldn't even be an "Inc". It's just ONE guy! Head over to the
community NG and read my "If You Insist..." post for all the facts.

Didn't he already read it? *boggle*
robrod at prism.net

1  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  47  |