anpetu olowan // User Search

1  |

Frustrated after puter crash and ISP being down

May 21, 2000, 9:54am
Well, I'm back, finally and am trying very hard to catch up in my world
where I left off. I have a question though.........before this mess with
my puter and ISP, I had some email about a hunt bot but for the life of
me I cannot find it. I'm sure I wasn't imagining this. In fact, wasn't
an email sent about that just last week. I am trying to build a hunting
and fishing area in my world and as I am completely illiterate as far as
programming bots, this bot seemed to be my best choice for this purpose.

Can anyone help me or tell me where I can find this? Thank you.

Question about Xelagot

May 25, 2000, 8:02pm
If my ISP didn't go down on me some time ago and delete all of my files,
I may be able to find the answer to this and not feel rushed to meet a
deadline I set in January.......aaarrrrggghhh. Anyway, as I am far from
being a programmer, I just wanted to know if it is possible to configure
the Xelagot to change the backdrop and ground according to seasons? This
may be answered on your help pages, and if it is I'm sorry for sounding
dense and asking here. Any help is appreciated. Thank you so much.

Question about Xelagot

May 27, 2000, 8:58am
Thank you. I'll check out your daily scheduler. I saw that on your website but
had little time to look at it as I was on my way to work.

[View Quote] > Hi,

> it is possible, if you learn how to script, that does require some
> programming skills :( Prestons (bless them) have a scheduler for this, my
> bots can do this and a lot more with scripts. All depends on what you call
> a season, and how often your seasons change.... if it is only 4 times a
> year, LOL, then just do it manually :) I am now working on a world
> attributes daily scheduler, this will alleviate the pain of making and using
> a script. A daily scheduler script is already available at
> http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgasex_worldschedule.html, and the next
> version of xelagot will include a way to make and save the necessary
> attributes files needed by the scheduler script.
>
> Alex.

[View Quote]

Xelagot from a server

May 27, 2000, 9:39am
For some time I've been running my world server from my own pc as well
as the bots, but as I keep getting disconnected have found someone to
host my world for me. The question I have, however, is this: Is there a
way to run Xelagot from the server which will be hosted by someone else,
or will the bot/s have to be run off of my own pc? If it can be run from
the server, how? Thanks again.

Need bot-please help!

May 23, 2000, 1:33pm
I have posted a similar message in bots but received no reply. I hope to
hear from someone here. I'm quite frustrated as everything I had on this
was lost when my wonder ISP went down for some time. Anyway, I have
heard of a hunt bot but cannot locate anything on this now. I have the
original, but see nowhere how to update or where it was downloaded from.
I believe it's been updated since I downloaded it in January, but as I
said my wonderful ISP deleted all of those messages on me. I have been
searching since 2AM Saturday morning for this and cannot find a thing.
Can someone please help me.

Thank you.

Need bot-please help!

May 23, 2000, 3:53pm
Ok, well thanks anyway............I give up on everything. I have both
Netscape 4.72 and IE5 and neither of them will take me to the page you
provided. I appreciate your help anyway though.

[View Quote] > Try www.andras.net

> -Agent1

[View Quote]

Need bot-please help!

May 23, 2000, 4:05pm
Ok, I got it now. My browser wouldn't take it the way it should have been taken.
Thanks a lot for the information. Now to figure out how to use it..........LOL

[View Quote] > Ok, well thanks anyway............I give up on everything. I have both
> Netscape 4.72 and IE5 and neither of them will take me to the page you
> provided. I appreciate your help anyway though.

[View Quote]

Storytelling bots?

Feb 15, 2001, 9:28am
A couple of questions here. While my world is down (forgot to renew on
time-ooops) I was wondering if there was a world I could take my bot to far
away from gz and see how certain scripts work?

Also, How long of a dialogue can I write for a script? The kind of stories
I'm talking about are like the Native American stories told around the
campfires, along with some of the ones I wrote. My world won't be up til
Tuesday morning, (when my payment to the credit card will show up) and was
wanting to kill this building and all boredom that set in. I'm also here a
lot now due to major lower back pains, so am really really looking to
working on this as I'm bored. Thanks a lot for your help.

Deleting * from description boxes

Mar 4, 2001, 11:07am
Is there a bot or a program that I can use to delete all the
objects in my world that has a * in the description box? I
don't know how they got there, but they are and are taking up
a lot of cell space. Also, I have some objects that try to
download but can't find the objects anywhere, not even the
black triangles for them. Any suggestions besides calling
everything quits?

Thanks

Deleting * from description boxes

Mar 4, 2001, 12:13pm
Ok, thanks a lot. I'll give it a whirl. :)

[View Quote]

Deleting * from description boxes

Mar 4, 2001, 12:24pm
Ok, I downloaded the bot, no problem.........but the bot
won't connect???? Get error 429 whaterver that means.

[View Quote]

I wish I could get in AW right now

Jun 27, 2000, 2:46pm
So that I could do some work in my world. Looks like I need a new computer.

I wish I could get in AW right now

Jun 27, 2000, 3:00pm
Ok, thanks. I was looking under (www)activeworlds for a status not
activeworlds by itself.

[View Quote]

Good News

Feb 22, 2001, 5:38pm
Ok, I usually lurk here, and even though I like Poe, what's this got to do
with aw community?

[View Quote]

Good News

Feb 23, 2001, 5:28pm
Oh, sorry. Thanks for telling me about this. Hope this is better.

Good News

Feb 23, 2001, 6:35pm
"rolu"
<rolu.university at bigfoot.com>
[View Quote]
> um, no :-) that's a bit too
much. In general, you should
keep in the parts
> of the original post you
directly reply to, so others
can easily see what
> you are responding to,

Ok, is this better?
Communicator used to do all of
this automatically. . I sent
this off to group earlier (I
think?) but it hasn't posted.
Sorry for being dense about
this. Thanks.

A "new feature" for AW ;)

Feb 27, 2001, 6:21pm
But I suppose that's with aw 3.1? I'm stuck with 2.2 until I
get a better computer which will be in 6 months :(

[View Quote]

Any advice? I paid for my world renewal and it still isn't up

Feb 28, 2001, 7:36pm
The subject line pretty much says it all. My credit card
company accepted it and I even have a receipt from aw, but
still now world. Any suggestions or advice? Thank you in
advance.

Any advice? I paid for my world renewal and it still isn't up

Mar 3, 2001, 8:46pm
Ok, I got my world up, although I was charged twice and after
10 minutes of building in my world with no problem at all,
the building inspector then tells me that I am not allowed to
build. My cell limit is set to huge and I did not change any
setting during my time there. So what happened with that.
Thank you for your advice.

"anpetu olowan" <moonstonewolf at nwfnetwork.com> wrote in
message news:3a9d6f46 at server1.Activeworlds.com...