rolu // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  20  |

Apologies...

Jan 15, 1999, 5:50am
yes, beta does over 90msgs/day now.

I think I'm going to sign up for beta, too. :-)

[View Quote]

Delphi Encapsulation of SDK

Feb 17, 1999, 4:07pm
Cool :-) I wanted to start programming some bots sometime, but school was
taking up too much time to get going. This can save me a lot of time. Keep
going!!!

Rolu

[View Quote]

Bots vs 'usual' Avatars

Feb 17, 1999, 4:03pm
that varies, it's 9.82 here in Holland.

Rolu

[View Quote]

Bots vs 'usual' Avatars

Feb 18, 1999, 7:38pm
Actually this number is lower when someone is above you than when he is
under you.

Rolu

[View Quote]

world light source control

Feb 19, 1999, 8:57am
If you want it faster, you should at least have a look at other 3D api's
than RenderWare. :-)

Rolu

[View Quote]

some help needed

Mar 8, 1999, 11:29am
Hi, I started to program with the SDK last night, and I ran into some
questions.

I use Delphi 4.

1.
in these C++ programs I see things like:

if (rc = aw_init (AW_BUILD)) {
printf ("Unable to initialize API (reason %d)\n", rc); exit (1); }

Am I right in trying to translate this into

rc:=aw_init(AW_BUILD);
if rc=0 then
messages.lines.add('API initialized succesfully') //messages is a
memo box
else
begin
messages.lines.add('Failed to initialize API');
exit;
end;

This seems to work correctly, but I'm not sure. And how can I use the %d?

2.
I tried to make my bot say something with

aw_say('[beep]');

it should have said [beep] but it said nothing.

Rolu

programming avatar through SDK

Mar 13, 1999, 6:25pm
And when the area is somewhat crowded, for example when "Faber" walks
through a group of ppl, you risk that some of these ppl are warped away
without having done anything. And when "Faber" is irritating, but remains on
his place, you can't get him away anyhow. And if he uses the shift key while
moving he will just shift through the cubicle without getting warped.

Rolu

[View Quote]

programming avatar through SDK

Mar 14, 1999, 7:19pm
Ask Roland to make a SDK function that makes people move.

Then all these eject bots could also just move people out of sight instead
of ejecting them.

Rolu

[View Quote]

in-AW object creation/editing?

Mar 19, 1999, 9:58am
I could try to make a modular ground making program if I had some more time
and access to an object path of a world, and some info about how modular
ground should be done... The first problem should be solved in a week or so
when I finished my 4th set of school tests. The second one however is
somewhat more of a problem. I could try to get another trial world, though.
You think they would let me have one, since I already had one a few months
back?

Rolu

[View Quote]

Re: C++

Jul 30, 1999, 2:16pm
they will take your money, but they won't force you to give it.

Rolu

[View Quote]

DONT REPLY TO RUSH@TRI.NET

Aug 15, 1999, 4:03pm
Then change your from adress, instead of asking us to remember.

Rolu

[View Quote]

<no subject>

Jan 13, 2001, 8:54am
[View Quote] Depends. VB tends to be slow, because it handles a lot for you. So if you
try to make a fast 3D shooter or something you shouldn't use VB. But if you
try to make some kind of board game or a bot or something, you can use VB.
Basic is easy to learn for many people, c++ is much harder. But if you
really want to do some more serious programming, go for Pascal (turbo
pascal, delphi), or c++ (borland c++ builder, microsoft visual c++), they
have many additional features you'll like.

Rolu

Mass AW_TELEPORT

Jan 31, 2001, 7:54pm
Just a guess... don't teleport that often. 5 times a second should be
enough.

Rolu

[View Quote]

Sample code for VB Wrapper. Newbies check this out!

Feb 26, 2001, 1:58pm
[View Quote] Please don't quote everything if you don't need to.

rolu

please

Feb 26, 2001, 1:58pm
[View Quote] Considering his broken english, I don't think many people feel like teaching
him English, VB and the SDK simultaneously. And you need to know them all if
you want to program bots in VB.

rolu

How do u make a Bot in VisualBasic

Mar 17, 2001, 7:05pm
[View Quote] And how will you learn it in VB? Exactly, by playing around with it. So skip
VB and go to C++ directly, and don't get used to all the bad programming
habits from VB.

rolu

U CAN HAVE YOUR OWN FREE GRAFITI LOGO

Jan 15, 2001, 1:55pm
....then change it...

[View Quote]

U CAN HAVE YOUR OWN FREE GRAFITI LOGO

Jan 15, 2001, 1:55pm
Talking about detail. Let's examine the headers.

Post 1 (of which afm claims he didn't write it)
Newsgroups: community
Subject: Go Fuck A Donkey
From: "agent fox mulder" <jarync at home.com>
Date: 14 Jan 2001 18:36:37 -0500

Post 2 (where he claims he didn't write above post)

Newsgroups: community
Subject: Re: Go Find A Dictionary! (was Re: Go Fuck A Donkey)
From: "agent fox mulder" <jarync at home.com>
Date: 14 Jan 2001 21:29:38 -0500

Funny. Exactly the same newsreader. Exactly the same IP. About the same
writing style. I think you are lying.

[View Quote]

Important Message Very IMPORTANT

Jan 16, 2001, 5:59am
It's possible - after all, agent did it.

Rolu

[View Quote]

O MY DEAR LORD I WAS RIGHT

Jan 17, 2001, 6:09am
Idiot. I hope the person who took over your account has a better writing
style than you.

And if you don't like it, stop whining here and start doing something about
it.

Rolu

[View Quote]

O MY DEAR LORD I WAS RIGHT

Jan 19, 2001, 5:56pm
There's a very big difference between trying to do what you can to speak
correct english (even when you fail), and intentionally messing up what you
write. In the former case, people are willing to put in some effort to find
out what is said, because the writer has put in effort to be understandable.
In the latter case, people won't care. And why should they. So, if someone
tries, you can help with friendly notes about grammar and spelling, and by
trying to figure out what is said. If someone obviously doesn't try, bash
him until he does. (And don't start about typo's. If a word is spelled
incorrectly once, it could be a typo. Only if it is spelled incorrectly more
than once in the same way, it might be worth a note.)

Rolu

[View Quote]

GOD DAMNET HELP KILL THE GUY IN MY NAME

Jan 17, 2001, 6:10am
I'd rather take *you* down.

Rolu

[View Quote]

GOD DAMNET HELP KILL THE GUY IN MY NAME

Jan 17, 2001, 8:04pm
And we hate it when you do it this way. There is nobody talking through what
you are saying here, so you can easily post the normal way. You are merely
bugging people off now. Finally, they'll ignore you. So stop this annoying
stuff, and people might actually listen to what you have to say.

Rolu

[View Quote]

About My Capitals

Jan 17, 2001, 8:16pm
He uses dots at the end of sentences, so it's not really that bad.

[View Quote]

About My Capitals

Jan 17, 2001, 8:19pm
[View Quote] And where exactly did your post go? (not that I mind, if I read one of them
the other two are automatically marked as read by my newsreader)

> 3. Capitolization isn't your only problem, let's see here, grammar wise,
> your comprehension, sentence structure, and punctuation could ALL use
major
> help. Quick, someone bring over a teacher!

it's capitAlization :-)

> 4. Your realization that we're in a newsgroup, not a 3d chat, not a bbs,
but
> a NEWSGROUP with certain rules, senses, theories, and personalities that
YOU
> need to learn before ever trying to post here ever again.
>
> Nornny

[View Quote]

Ok You'll get Your Way

Jan 18, 2001, 9:34am
That's much better. Now try to use some punctuation, post in only one
newsgroup at a time, and don't forget to change your signature, and I guess
most people will be happy.

Rolu

[View Quote]

No offense...

Feb 14, 2001, 12:29pm
code? What are you talking about? Give some examples.

rolu

[View Quote]

Once again..

Feb 21, 2001, 1:48pm
[View Quote] make a bot which pretends to be a human

including talk and building and stuff

let awci buy it so they can pretend we have 10k users online at the same
time :-)

rolu

Once again..

Feb 26, 2001, 1:58pm
[View Quote] If so, you make awfully bloated programs.

rolu

Once again..

Feb 26, 2001, 6:13pm
[View Quote] erm? what? you mean you weren't joking in that other post? Muahahahahaha!!!
Dream on. VB is used only by a bunch of Windows hobbyists. It's also really
bad for your coding style. But it's easy to learn.

And most programs are made in some kind of C.

> If you learn to read I said
> "Unless they are huge like AOL"

AOL is not a program. It's a company.

> Adobe was made in C++

Adobe isn't a program either.

> and Macromedia, and
> most every BIG program.. but simple programs such as bots should be made
in
> VB..

Simple programs should be made in the language the programmer is most
familiar with.

> and if you have a problem with VB then talk to Microsoft cuz.. I didn't
> make it.. if it can program.. I will use it.. until u make a better one
dont
> bitch..

what about Delphi? You can program with it either. There are many languages
and implementations of them out there. You can pick the one you like, but
don't try to force them onto anybody else.

rolu

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  20  |