coryashire // User Search

1  |

survey bot?

Mar 7, 2000, 12:41am
hi i need to find a bot i can have take a survey and stuff that can be set
at 100 people pers survey questions and save the results for me to use in a
gameshow i am currently working on. please reply if you know where to get
one or telegram me.

coryashire

awmonopoly is coming

Mar 26, 2000, 3:23am
The worlds best selling game is coming to aw. Under the mangement of
awbotlab and congnitive bots a team of citizins are working to create a fun
online version of this beloved game in aw. To go with the bot we are
creating many objects that make the game as realistic as possible. to find
out more about how we are coming and our projected release of the game to
the rest of aw please go to
http://www.geocities.com/coryashire/monopoly.html where you can see some of
the current objects we are making, learn exactly who is doing what, get
updates on the bot and objects by a day by day basis. and learn about what
we are planning to add to the bot.
coryashire
the monopoly team

cognitive bots and holocorps join to make awmonopoly

Mar 26, 2000, 9:32pm
ognative bots and holocorps have joined forces to create awmonopoly a game
start 3 days ago by cognative bots. we hope to make awmonopoly a fun and
exciting game and also show you a glimpse on some of the features a bot can
be programed to do in such a game of such compleioty that it has never been
done. please visit www.geocities.com/coryashire/monopoly.html to see how
cognative bots is coming with there part of the bots and soon you can go to
www.awmonopoly.com to see how the entire project is coming.
coryashire
awmonopoly team

fullworld status

Feb 16, 2000, 11:25pm
i think that if a world is full the bullet next to it should be blue or
something or a big f for full so pople know that the world has reached its
limit

another long time wish

Mar 26, 2000, 3:30am
well me and cyberwitch where board and came up with the same idea but a bit
more disgusting of have a fart action that you could ahve the avatar bend
over and let it rip. diguesting aint it. well that would be cool to have
sounds and action go togehter but what about the fact that you get a bunch
of epople doing it at the same time that it would siroisly effect the frame
rateof the world

[View Quote]

seed object function

Feb 8, 2003, 7:25pm
i think that they should introduce a function in the bot to seed a object.
this way we dont have to use bots.

coryashire

bot programmer needed for high paced awgame

Mar 31, 2002, 9:02pm
hi i am working on the designs of a next generation awgame. it is based on
harry potters quidditch and i have a basic idea on how it can be done. but
as i am only a texture designer and building i really dont have much
knowledge on programming. i am looking for someone who would be interested
in helping out with bot and objects i am going to try to see if we can get a
world to test it in and possible a path from awcom once i have a group
formed. if you are interested then telegram coryashire in the activeworlds
universe.

Something i noticed about scale in AW

May 18, 2002, 8:26pm
lets stop being stupid k

[View Quote]

[Discussion] Whats the deal with newAW

Oct 10, 2002, 6:58pm
Well personally i think that it is more then just one thing. it is a world
that will use alot of the new features aw has been implementing. the reasons
i fill that there are so many restrictions is that there is only so much
space in world. you cant build a 3d terrian and not have the restrictions on
it to prevent people fromcovering large ammounts of land and not use it. it
is let slide in aw more becuase of the size of aw. newaw is smaller. but aw
is taking a leaf from other componys books. maxis's thesimsonline is a great
example. allready tso is becoming a hit with thesims users and newaw fallows
a similer princible. its all about community. if you want a bigger house you
need money and yopu earn it through involvement.

[View Quote]

Smile, E N Z O loves you :)

Nov 18, 2002, 7:05am
ugh thats enzo loves you, get your mind out of the gutter, gosh hes not
like that gezzz, i would know i have met the guy irl.

coryashire

[View Quote]

[Discussion] Word of Mouth Advertising + AWI

Nov 18, 2002, 7:16am
lindinlabs has some things going aginest them, to use that program they
require high speed itnernet which last time i heard only accounts for like
10 percent of the internet users in the world. at least activeworlds can be
used by people on all connections. though i wouldnt mind a option for user
side particle generators, if it slows peoples comptuer down they can turn it
off, but then we could have relaistic raina nd snow and water features and
smoke anf fire. i have seen it done in other programs.

coryashire

ps. please dont start working on it now cause we need 3.4 first cause we are
getting sick fo waiting for new featurs and stop so us on the outside can
get a chance to enjoy it before all our accoutns run out of time cause if my
acount runs out this march and 3.4 is not out by then im outta here cause i
am getting sick fo waiting.

[View Quote]

[Discussion] Word of Mouth Advertising + AWI

Nov 19, 2002, 8:09pm
ye2s but we might be able to rope some people in to becomming citizens.
personally i think the best way would be to have a referal system. people
in aw today talk about telling frineds about it. well how about a system
that would be for every person that you refer to aw you get a point but only
if the person registers for a first month, and like 5 points could be a free
month or a bot incress and 15 points could be a free world hosted for a
month or something. this way they could get there citizens involved with a
incentive but if people do it then they would be getting new people in with
out paying a thing. it could work off word of mouth and people could print
out little cards that have there citnumber on them or something, then when
someone registers for the free trial there would be a feild for citnumber
refereal or meybe tey could sign up for referal numbers. and pending and
final points could show up in the referers citizenship info. i think that
would b a great way to get people. i might send it in. cause it would be a
very small amount of time to program into the registering thing. yes i
think ill write a formal letter. dont steal my idea of coruse it will be
here for awcom to see also since enzo is finally cleaning up the newgroups.
well ta, im off to write a formal propoal.

coryashire

[View Quote]

objects

Feb 29, 2000, 12:20pm
i have started to learn to make objects and will soon be poasting a link ot
a page where you can downlaod objects here. i just thought i would tell you
guys.

coryashire

awmonopoly is coming

Mar 26, 2000, 3:52am
The worlds best selling game is coming to aw. Under the mangement of
awbotlab and congnitive bots a team of citizins are working to create a fun
online version of this beloved game in aw. To go with the bot we are
creating many objects that make the game as realistic as possible. to find
out more about how we are coming and our projected release of the game to
the rest of aw please go to
http://www.geocities.com/coryashire/monopoly.html where you can see some of
the current objects we are making, learn exactly who is doing what, get
updates on the bot and objects by a day by day basis. and learn about what
we are planning to add to the bot.
coryashire
the monopoly team

awmonopoly is coming

Mar 26, 2000, 10:18pm
the orignal monopoly bot that cognitive labs was made a while back.
i noteded when i was in there that everything for monopoly had been built
today. where ours was started being built 3 days ago. also in this
annoucement i would like to annouce that cognitive bots and holocorp bots
have joined togehter to make awmonopoly. you can find info on cognative bots
current status at www.geocities.com/coryashire/monopoly.html and soon you
will be able to find info on the entire project at www.awmonopoly.com. we
hope to provide the aw community with this fun new game.
coryashire
the awmonopoly team

awmonopoly has been shut down

May 6, 2000, 8:19am
today awmonopoly project has been shutdown by request of hasbro. we are
sorry we couldnt bring you this game to aw but due to the fact that they are
trying to develop a case agiesnt us at the moment to avoid that there
demands where to end the project and remove all webpages and to annouce that
the project has been stopped and will not be started up agian. we are sorry
if we got anyones hopes up.
coryashire

festival2000

Jun 13, 2000, 10:56am
as dj posted earler festival 2000 is a huge event. this has been 2 months in
the making and you are all welcome to come and more them welcome to host
events. any events are welcome with in a resion that they fit the aw
guidelines. so help us celebrate this great year.
coryashire
sl of events

just a little AW humor

Apr 2, 2001, 12:02am

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C0BADD.2CE640C0

i didnt know queen bee and mgib still used aw. well meybe they where =
tired to not winning and took the bot to a secret lair for torture =
untill the bot would let them win more often and the crisco can was put =
there to throw you all off. hmm meybe daphnes behind this and queen be =
and mgib where complises.
[View Quote] Imagine lol
[View Quote] http://dgash.homestead.com/missing.html

[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C0BADD.2CE640C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>i didnt know queen bee and mgib still =
used aw. well=20
meybe they where tired to not winning and took the bot to a secret lair =
for=20
torture untill the bot would let them win more often and the crisco can =
was put=20
there to throw you all off. hmm meybe daphnes behind this and queen be =
and mgib=20
where complises.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"imagine" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:imagines at seatac.net">imagines at seatac.net</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
<A=20
=
href=3D"news:3abce24d at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3abce24d at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I think I spotted your [BingoBot] , =
or at least I=20
think I did,&nbsp;at the AWmall early this morning sipping coffee from =
a=20
mug.rwx while reading the AWnews groups, or was that Elvis =
:-P</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Imagine lol</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"son of sass" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:SonofSass at hotmail.com">SonofSass at hotmail.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3abc712e at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3abc712e at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I guess I just learned there is no editing done =
on=20
hyperlinks at all here...try again?&nbsp;&nbsp; LOL </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A=20
=
href=3D"http://dgash.homestead.com/missing.html">http://dgash.homestead.c=
om/missing.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"son of sass" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:SonofSass at hotmail.com">SonofSass at hotmail.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3abc65e6 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3abc65e6 at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A=20
=
href=3D"http://Where_is_[BingoBot}?"><STRONG>http://Where_is_[BingoBot}?<=
/STRONG></A></FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></=
HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C0BADD.2CE640C0--

new gz

Apr 1, 2001, 11:51pm
i personally think that we shouldnt over hall the gz area of aw beucase
there are some neat old worlds inc stuff there such as the amplitheatre
meybe awhs could go and look at some hsitoric sites right at gz and historic
worlds inc stuff and everything and work with awcom to protect some
historically important sites while giving us a new gz. awhs has been very
much into the preservation of aw gz and infact we have a world named awgz
that shows gz before we started to work on cleaning up vnandlizum and
protecting the area from futher vandels which we are still doing and is a
major ongoing process.

festival2001 webmaster needed apply within.

May 5, 2001, 4:37pm
hi if you are interested in taking part in festival2001 as a webmaster then
we are looking for people to do samples for us. the samples should include
the following things:
1.a basic page setup
2.a basic events time line setup
3.awbrowser compliant
4.contain the festival99 logo on every site with areas for dates and so
on.*logo can be found on the festival99 site at awcommunity.org/festival99/

please send all samples addresses to coryashire at coryashire_2000 at email.com
and we will review them and pick the best site for use as festival2001's
website.

Re: New Website:Safe Active Worlds (SAW)

May 5, 2001, 4:41pm
i personally ndont find m0e doing his job to protect us. he once accused me
about 3 months ago of netrape at awgz. if it was ment for someone else as i
had just got to awgz five secounds before so i dont know if it was ment for
something else but he scolded me for 20 minutes and mtued me beucase he
didnt listen to the fact that i had just got there. he really runied my day
by that and i see how there are so many antipk sites going around. the pks
are a good thing in my mind as we need to have people there to help protect
us from the problems of the world but they need to make sure they know what
they are doing when they falsly accuse people of acts such as this.
coryashire

[View Quote]

3.2 good

May 21, 2001, 2:56am
you guys are looking at what can 3.2 offer me. well you are probly not going
to like what im about to say but activeworlds was not made just for you.
this program was made for everyone who uses it. where as 3.0-1 where made to
provide you with neat effects and little quirks to make useing aw easier 3.2
is about stepping out into new systems. for those useing nt it can be touch
when programs dont work with them. awcom is moving in the direction to
provide this service and need i say service. they are not twisting your arm
to use this so dont complaign. and when i say service they want to provide
to the largest user base. also 3.2 bring those who dont have 3d cards into
the features of 3.0 and 3.1 so are you going to say that these people arent
paying users of activeworlds. well as a 2.2 user i think you need to
understand that us 2.2 users are customers also and we need to be included.
you guys have gotten two new browsers so far. you guys have gotten them fast
also. so dont complaign what will 3.2 do for me. understand what will 3.2 do
for others. you cant make everyone happy all of the time and now aw is
taking time to open everything that aw has to offer to a wider larger
userbase.

coryashire

3.2 good

May 21, 2001, 1:59pm
this is not about your rant on 3.2 but the community in generals outlook on
those that use 2.2 , i can tell you that alot of features added to 3.0 and
3.1 have nothing to do with graphics cards. roland should look into creating
a 2.3 with all the lighting and move and build features added to the last
two betas. i dont know if lighting came with just renderware3.0 but there
are many features such as chat screen mute and the new world features that
we shouldnt be left out of. there are ways to bring us up to par but we have
been held back and treat poorly as citizens by the rest of the community. i
am just getting sick of useing a browser that was written in 1999. i remeber
being beta for 2.2 but alot of people where anyways but for me it has been
two years almost sence i have seen change. i have tried to get roland to
under stand that to but he and awcom seem more interested in putting a fork
in the road and only working on one path. it is time for a upgrade for us
to.
coryashire

[View Quote]

AD&DRPG

Mar 13, 2002, 6:19pm
Hey good and i finally got a outlook that works sop i can use newsgroups.
will the bot lagging problem be fixed because wouldnt it just be better to
have bots that can talk to each other so you dont have to much lagging.

coryashire

[View Quote]

olympic abominations

Mar 13, 2002, 6:26pm
well i am a member of the voc and i can attest that the olympic rings are a
symbol of the games and are owned by the ioc not the usoc. the international
olympic commitee owns the rights to deny any usage of the symbols just to
dispell a rumor the rings are a recent addition but i see no reasion that we
cant create our own symbol. the reason we want to do these games is to bring
the community togheter to have fun. the spirit of the olympics is not in the
compitition but in the coming togheter of the nations of the world to
celebrate our diveristy and our spirit and hope for peace. these value will
not be lost on the olympics but will be upheld. i personally feel that
unless the ioc request us to not use the symbols of these games then we have
nothing to fear. and to tell us we cant hold the voc would be a abomination
aginest the spirit and values this game are embedded with.

coryashire

when do we get 3.3?

May 18, 2002, 8:33pm
okay point blank they are taking along time to get the bugs fixed. the main
problem i have is i have been waiting to work on and reopen a world and i
need 3.3 to do it with terrain and cornas and such. they promnised itwould
be out early 2002 and we are way past that then they said spring and we are
now enterting summer i want to at least have a way for me to see a more
update sceudle on when it might be out. like a website that tells us what
they are fixing and how much they think they have left to do. its really
rude to tell us one thing and then do another thing. it is why alot of
people have left aw through out the year.

coryashire

My Final Involvement with the Cys

Nov 9, 2002, 9:42am
personally i feel that the gorean worlds would be bet suited to have there
own universe. if not no gorean world should be a open world and people would
have to be checked before they enter. i feel it important to protect out
kids from what we would prefier them not to see.

but one persons views on whats moraly right and wrong is diffrent from the
next. but the community needs to meet both ways on the matter instead of
standing back and pointing fingers at each other. there will allways be
people who do not approve of other people, but we can not as members of the
community say well you have no right being her so leave. thats just
discrimnation but they need to take steps to prevent people who shouldnt be
viewing there worlds from viewing them.

i have allways felt that if they want they should pull togehter and get a
gorean universe. cause it would make me alot more comfertable knowing that
as a memeber of a community group im not going to be trashed personally fo
the desisions of the group, mainly ina time when i have had to take a leave
of absence from the group to sort things out, but they have the right to be
here two. they have options and we have options but they are members of the
community if people choose to belive it or not.

coryashire

[View Quote]

new face cam in AW 3.4

Nov 18, 2002, 6:53am
well jbell the big problem on the paying them more is that most people
are not on beta and get no good from it. i feel it would be in the componys
best itnerest to halt all further developent onthis version and release it
directly to there user base, us on the outside are getting a little annoyed
that the original plan has fell through. if they want to keep people
interested its wise to give them stuff everyonce in a while but this is
getting old, this is one of the reasons why people for the past few years
have been leaving, it never changes. i feel that new features are great but
dont over do it. my vote is to halt development of new features, do a final
comb through for bugs and release it to the public. i eman its coming up to
a year on what i call the cataclysm when people deserted aw on the new price
changes, we all lost alot of frineds when that happened and we are losing
them now for many reasons and one of them is the fact that we where promised
new versions and we are having to wait extreamly annoyingly long amount of
times to get them.

coryashire

[View Quote]

new face cam in AW 3.4

Nov 18, 2002, 7:32pm
to technozues,

if you read lower into my post i state lagitamate reason why they should
release it including halt the additioon of more features and do a final comb
through for bugs then release, the point is that if they want to keep people
interested in there product they need to be giving us new material to work
with, it easy for you to take there side because your on beta and you get to
experince what was promised to us, but we are still waiting and we hear
nothing as to why we dont have 3.4.1 or 3.4.2 as was promised to the
community by the development team.

as for anarkissed, you need to remeber that most of the new features in
3.3 required a world to use, while they added to the overall effect of
creating virtual world, if you dont have a world you cant use them, i hope
eventually they through out registrys and make it automatic based on the
objects details then we could all have rotate and move commands then those
commands would be more useable by the average person. as for me being
spoiled, i think you need to think outside of your little box to see that
the most important factor in running a successfull biz is to give your users
what they want, sure we want new features, and new worlds, and new building
objects, but when we are told that we would be receving these ina certain
timeframe to see that thrown aout with out any response from awcom to the
non beta community on the new plan then they are doing something bad, they
are ignoring there user base.

thats why i say stop the addidtion of enw features and comb through the
program and search and destory bugs and bgive it to us, the paying
coustomers. take all those new features that you didnt add in and make say
3.4.2 like promised or make it in 3.5, we are paying alot more for this
program with the promise of a speedyer development, and while its nice that
we now get 2-3 new version a year as opossed to 0-1 a year, dont forget us
and how we matter in the success of your program and compony.

coryashire

[View Quote]

NewAW Flyover!

Nov 19, 2002, 8:14pm
is there a chance to get a weblog of screenshots of a what you did in the
flyover for people who have a har time streaming media. im on a school
server and it allways seems to think every bit of streamin meida is pron or
something and its annoying.

coryashire