agent1 // User Search

1  ...  28  29  30  31  |

Gate Censorship Totally Unnescessary

*yawn* Learn your own laws before you try to throw them around. The first amendment only says that "Congress shall make no law [...] abridging the freedom of speech". That doesn't apply to Gatekeepers.

-Agent1

The Game: Repeating Our Postings

Mar 28, 2003, 4:28pm
They still exist on the news server, it's just that your newsreader must ignore posts older than a certain age.

When oh when is awmapper coming back?

Apr 20, 2003, 1:16pm
[View Quote] Microsoft says "Windows XP is built on an enhanced Windows 2000 code base" (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/techinfo/planning/techoverview/default.asp).

-Agent1

Java

Jun 15, 2003, 1:14pm
[View Quote] You do realize that acting like an ass doesn't make you seem cool or something like that, right?

New Committee

Jun 18, 2003, 7:09pm
Not to flog a dead horse, but...

Next time think about whether the message is relevant to the group. Bots, SDK, Wishlist, and Worldbuilders are not appropriate groups for the announcement of a committee in AWTeen.

Newsgroups posts lost?

Jun 27, 2003, 7:07pm
[View Quote] Just what screen size should he wrap it to, then? Not everyone is reading these posts on the same system, so having them break in the middle of the line just because your edit window is a certain size doesn't make any sense.

-Agent1

Newsgroups posts lost?

Jun 27, 2003, 7:21pm
[View Quote] Guess you should get a newsreader that can properly format text, then.

> Better to wrap it and have it look odd then to not wrap it and only have certain newsreaders be able to read it.

I'm not going to accomodate a broken newsreader.

Eep explains it pretty well: http://www.tnlc.com/eep/wrap.html

-Agent1

Newsgroups posts lost?

Jun 27, 2003, 9:48pm
[View Quote] I've read some of the stuff on his site. Wow!

> "Broken" is not the word that should be used to describe it.

If it can't handle lines longer than it's display's width then it's broken. Period.

-Agent1

Another M A T T joke [198 kb]

Jul 5, 2003, 4:58pm
[View Quote] Augh don't attach things that large to your post even if you do mention it in the subject. Use a link next time.

Another M A T T joke [198 kb]

Jul 8, 2003, 12:59pm
[View Quote] I agree with Ananas. If this is your attitude, then you should not be surprised if people don't show you respect.

Memory card

Jul 5, 2003, 9:54pm
[View Quote] Maybe you should ask in a Cybiko newsgroup.

Port surfing, illegal ?

Jul 16, 2003, 4:26pm
[View Quote] No it isn't.

- !!! Trojan horse WARNING !!! - some AW cits do not know better than to spread trojans

Jul 21, 2003, 8:50pm
[View Quote] The executable was compressed with UPX, so it was probably originally larger than 50kb.

LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Jul 22, 2003, 12:34pm
[View Quote] ::rolleyes:: Threatening people with lawsuits is sure going to make you popular! Way to go!

> We have a right like any of you people in AW to offer our path at band-width usage only...

No, you don't have the "right" to host files.

> Any objects on our path are not the product for sale by us and are passworded against theft.

I think this is where the problem is. You're using the fact that you have those objects on your path as part of the reason for people to use your path. I doubt that the object creator would let you do that if they wanted to be the only one selling their object.

> People better get this shit straight or find yourselves actively on a civil court docket for slander

I think you mean libel, but same thing, basically. Usually you would have to prove that the things they wrote were both untrue and that they hurt your reputation in some way. I wouldn't have even known about this issue if you hadn't written this foaming-at-the-mouth scream-mail, so maybe you need to calm down about the whole thing.

World

LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Jul 24, 2003, 1:32pm
[View Quote] > [snip]

You've just lost the respect you've gained from me in the past.

Trivial Request

Jul 22, 2003, 12:13pm
I don't really have a preference and just do what other people in the thread have done so it doesn't get confusing. Some people prefer to add their replies at the bottom and their preference is no less valid than yours.

[View Quote] --
-Agent1

Trivial Request

Jul 24, 2003, 1:28pm
[View Quote] I agree. However, when people go telling someone they won't read a post because they're too lazy to scroll a few lines it makes them sound pretty weird :)

Warning

Aug 10, 2003, 8:48pm
Immigration Officer: WARNING! Your citizenship expires tomorrow!

Expires indeed. That's the way I feel about Activeworlds, Inc. right now, they've expired. Some of their best employees have moved on to other places and it shows. After waiting a month to hear from Mountain Myst about a project I started while Flagg was around, I haven't gotten any answer. It is very hard to care about the fate of Active Worlds when the people selling me the product don't care enough to answer their customers in a reasonable amount of time.

I don't feel like paying almost $7 US every month for something that I feel is still playing catch-up with common 3D technology, so I won't.

It's not all bad though. I did meet many people in AW who I would now call friends. Fortunately, Active Worlds is not the only place I can talk to them.

Anyway, I've enjoyed the time I have spent in Active Worlds and hope that things improve from the way they are.

So long, and thanks for all the RWX.

Here's A Late Christmas Present To The AW Community

Dec 30, 2003, 4:52pm
> -=- KoL -=- 0oO0 says:
> in a few more months you'll be a hacker probably
> -=- KoL -=- 0oO0 says:
> cuz of learnin at vb 6.0

ROFL.

CY Update

Aug 10, 2005, 3:40am
[View Quote] I'm confused. This whole time that Strike has seemingly been "running"
the CY Awards, he was actually a technical advisor? *boggle*

-Agent1

1  ...  28  29  30  31  |