agent1 // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  31  |

Need bot-please help!

May 23, 2000, 3:05pm
Try www.andras.net

aw_wait()

Jun 12, 2000, 7:35pm
Is the aw_wait function guarateed to run at a certain speed?
EX:
Would aw_wait(1000) wait for one second in almost all instances?

-Agent1

aw_wait()

Jun 14, 2000, 6:29pm
Thanks :)

question about sdk/borland c++ 5.5

Jun 14, 2000, 10:31am
The AW SDK is meant for VC++. Check for an "implib" program in your borland directory and try using it on aw.dll. You should be able
to generate your lib file that way. Be sure to link your borlandaw.lib (:D) to the bot's C/C++ object file :)

question about sdk/borland c++ 5.5

Jun 15, 2000, 10:18am
Using Borland? I've got no idea :)

question about sdk/borland c++ 5.5

Jun 15, 2000, 9:27pm
Mail from Andras:
the referred "borlandaw.lib" is posted on my website :)
http://andras.net/tools.html

Andras

text box

Jul 3, 2000, 12:35pm
Which text box? The one inside of AW has nothing to do with VB4.0 unless
that replaces a DLL or something...

To JKMT

Nov 20, 2000, 10:27pm
If you're going to reply to such an old message, at least quote what you're replying to... Otherwise no one will know (unless the
message is still on their computer).

E-mail

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BFF65D.78F6E0E0

Write an STMP Client? :) Don't ask me how, though!

-Agent1

[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BFF65D.78F6E0E0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Write an STMP Client? :)&nbsp; Don't =
ask me how,=20
though!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Agent1</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"twisted horizon" &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:joshua_trask at capecod.com">joshua_trask at capecod.com</A>&gt;=
wrote=20
in message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:397e0d90$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:397e0d90$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>K, if I get a no clue from one =
more person=20
I'll crack.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Just HOW do you send an e-mail =
from a console=20
app?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 =
size=3D2>-TH</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BFF65D.78F6E0E0--

E-mail

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01BFF6EF.832C5300

A console app... Not real DOS, but a DOS Box inside of Windows... I =
think :)

-Agent1

[View Quote] if you are actually programming in VB then you aren't in a true DOS =
environment anyway. You could open a default e-mail client using the =
ShellExecute function in shell32.dll in the windows api and passing the =
desired address as an argument.
in declarations in a module paste:

Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias _
"ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, _
ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal _
lpDirectory As String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long

then write a function to call it:
Public Sub OnEMail(address As String, subject As String, ok As String)
'in with an e-mail address in the stuff string
'opens the default e-mail client and xxx if its format is valid
'Copyright Blackrose Computer Systems
'http://www.blackrosesoftware.com
Dim tempvara As String

If InStr(address, " at ") <> 0 Then
tempvara =3D "mailto:" & address & "?subject=3D" & subject
ShellExecute 0, vbNullString, tempvara, vbNullString, =
vbNullString, 1
ok =3D "OK"
Else
ok =3D "INVALID E-MAIL ADDRESS"
End If

End Sub

you could write an ole routine to send something invisibly to the user =
depending on which is the default client and whether ole is supported in =
it.=20
Good Luck

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01BFF6EF.832C5300

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>A&nbsp;console app... Not real DOS, but a DOS Box inside of =
Windows... I=20
think :)</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Agent1</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"pc" &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:pcat at blackrosesoftware.com">pcat at blackrosesoftware.com</A>=
&gt;=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01BFF6EF.832C5300--

AW_OBJECT_SESSION

Oct 3, 2000, 7:17pm
It is filled with a session number when AW_EVENT_OBJECT_DELETE "happens".
Object changes are seen by the server as a delete and add, I believe.

AW_OBJECT_SESSION

Oct 3, 2000, 7:19pm
To clarify, it is filled with the session that triggered the event :)

object name

Oct 4, 2000, 11:04am
Not possible. You need to check every object's action line to see if it has
"create name blah" or even just "-blah" or something shorter.

I need a bot

Oct 17, 2000, 11:09am
Sorry -- It's not possible to simply detect a "cracked browser"...

The only way is something like the way Ima's got it setup in AWGames. He's got a bot check if someone is selecting an object and
doesn't have the right to do so. Otherwise, most of the changes happen on the client side (don't they?) and aren't sent to the
server. That makes it a bit difficult to check if a browser's been cracked.

Bots running on Unix computer

Nov 17, 2000, 1:59pm
From what I've heard, there is no Unix SDK yet.

bot telegrams?

Nov 21, 2000, 12:17pm
Roland has said that once there is a telegram mute feature, it might be possible to allow bots to send telegrams. One option would be to have an "Allow bot telegrams?" switch or something.

bot telegrams?

Nov 22, 2000, 12:13pm
*sigh* Derek, even though I don't have to deal with your foolishness directly, I can see it in the reply... Check the Tech Talk logs at http://tnlc.com/mauz/

-Agent

[View Quote]

Mass AW_TELEPORT

Jan 31, 2001, 4:09pm
Probably because you're flooding them with requests. Try increasing your delay, then decrease until it works well and causes no crashes.

compiler errors

Feb 1, 2001, 11:46am
Well, now the 50 avatar maximum is hard-coded and you can't change it.

compiler errors

Feb 1, 2001, 7:57pm
Well, the limit I talk about is in the 3.1 browser.

GZ protect code [vb]

Feb 3, 2001, 2:43pm
uhh... Restricted Radius only limits building, not bot entry.

-Agent1

[View Quote] ~Joeman

[View Quote]

Build 19 for 3.1

Feb 14, 2001, 8:09pm
Though I was on the beta, I downloaded the SDK (build 19) and everything worked fine.

please

Feb 25, 2001, 9:45pm
http://www.activeworlds.com/sdk/

please

Feb 26, 2001, 11:48am
How is it rude to provide a link to a very good resource on bot programming? I don't care if they're using VB, it's a good place to learn the concepts behind the SDK.

Hmm

Nov 12, 2000, 4:48pm
The ".rwx" file format isn't supported by Criterion anymore. Roland (and team :]) had to rewrite the loader by from scratch.

Maybe

Nov 13, 2000, 8:43pm
Javascript is a scripting language... Doesn't get compiled into anything.

Javascript is a SCRIPTING, not a programming, language, Dth. Besides, I sure as hell wouldn't learn programming just to make silly
AW bots... Unfortunately I can's stand thinking programmatically and having to express it logically so until a more
visual/graphic/symbolic programming "language" (method, process, etc) comes along, I won't be programming any time soon. All I can
do is express my ideas and home some programmer(s) like them enough to implement 'em.

Look at all these errors, and out of Eep?
A & B)JavaScript (not Javascript) is NOT a scripting language. It is not RenderWare style, nor Perl style (which is more programming
than some things) BASIC is not a scripting language, it just isn't object-oriented. This is top down programming either way.

C)Is there something wrong with learning to make "silly" AW bots? I did.

D)Thinking programmatically? What the hell is this supposed to meen? Programming is, at a basic level, write one thing, it does
this, continue.

E)What's the matter? Visual Basic isn't infantile enough for you?

Now for spelling and grammer (SP :-)

1)can't, not can's

2)"programming, language,"

3)hope, not home

And now we have the AW SDK in all sorts of simple programming languages, yet I haven't found any bots out of Eep yet.

Maybe

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C04DA9.9AF2F780

Yes, C and C++ source code files are just scripts. Then they are compiled into executables to be dealt with by the hardware (or
OS... whatever). Javascript and other scripting languages are interpreted each and every time you "run" them.

-Agent1
PS-Seeing as how we're using HTML, I might as well use another font or something :)

[View Quote] --
- Tony56 (aka Chandler56)
"Freedom: That's What The Government Wants You To Believe!"
[...]

-Twisted Horizon

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C04DA9.9AF2F780

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Yes, C and C++ source code files are just scripts. Then they are =
compiled=20
into executables to be dealt with by the hardware (or OS... whatever).=20
Javascript and other scripting languages are interpreted each and every =
time you=20
"run" them.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Handwriting" size=3D4>-Agent1</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PS-Seeing as how we're using HTML, I might as well =
use another=20
font or something :)</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"twisted horizon" &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:joshua_trask at capecod.com">joshua_trask at capecod.com</A>&gt;=
wrote=20
in message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3a109010 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a109010 at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Who says you need a compiler for a =
script?=20
There's a difference between the type of script for, say, Perl=20
<STRONG>SCRIPT</STRONG> or Java<STRONG>Script</STRONG> and, say, a =
Renderware=20
<STRONG>SCRIPT</STRONG> or Xelagot <STRONG>SCRIPT</STRONG>. Why? What =
makes=20
them different? Perl and JavaSript are programming languages, and =
therefor=20
"touch" the hardware. RenderWare <STRONG>scripts</STRONG> and Xelagot=20
<STRONG>scripts</STRONG>, on the other hand, are things to be =
interpreted by a=20
piece of software. Although a perl <STRONG>script</STRONG> is =
interpreted by a=20
Perl Parser, and JavaScript is interpreted by, I don't know, maybe an =
internet=20
browser or something, a C++ <STRONG>script</STRONG> (Yes,=20
<STRONG>script</STRONG>, thats the .c or .cpp file) is also =
interpreted by a=20
C++ compiler. Just because it's not a compiled language doesn't make =
it a=20
<STRONG>script</STRONG>, it can still be a programming =
language.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT><FONT =
size=3D2>-Twist</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px =
solid">
[View Quote] programming just to make silly AW bots... Unfortunately I can's =
stand=20
thinking programmatically and having to express it logically so =
until a=20
more visual/graphic/symbolic programming "language" (method, =
process, etc)=20
comes along, I won't be programming any time soon. All I can do is =
express=20
my ideas and home some programmer(s) like them enough to implement =

'em.<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Look at all these errors, and =
out of=20
Eep?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>A &amp; B)JavaScript (not Javascript) is NOT a =
scripting=20
language. It is not RenderWare style, nor Perl style (which is =
more=20
programming than some things) BASIC is not a scripting language, =
it just=20
isn't object-oriented. This is top down programming either=20
way.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>C)Is there something wrong with learning to =
make "silly"=20
AW bots? I did.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>D)Thinking programmatically? What the hell is =
this=20
supposed to meen? Programming is, at a basic level, write one =
thing, it=20
does this, continue.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>E)What's the matter? Visual Basic isn't =
infantile enough=20
for you?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Now for spelling and grammer (SP =
:-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>1)can't, not can's</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>2)"programming, language,"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>3)hope, not home</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>And now we have the AW SDK in all sorts of =
simple=20
programming languages, yet I haven't found any bots out of Eep=20
yet.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>-Twisted=20
Horizon</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>=

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C04DA9.9AF2F780--

Learn to program bots!

Apr 28, 2001, 4:14am
[View Quote] I would expect that someone who had to use such a slow, complex (well, simple and time-consuming) system would know it was
'reel-to-reel' and not 'real 2 real' ;)

> and you entered your computer computations by way of the keypunch machine
> and you goot your resilts printed out on the printer machine that was so
> big it looks like a YUGO CAR [Nothing you would have wanted on a table]
> and god help you if you ever dropped all your key punched cards that you
> just created a program on... Then you had better learn how to WIRE
> the collator maching to get things back to what you had it before.

Not having worked with punch-card computers, I wouldn't know that's how one of those machines worked. How did it know which order to
put them in? Did each card have some sort of unique ID on them?

> NOW.... Did i describe Really Old?
> This was back in 1970 and i have worked with those old Dino's...

Help needed.

Apr 25, 2001, 10:42am
I'm going to assume that VB still requires aw.dll (which it does). Did you copy that to the new directory?

I don't know why I waste my time with you idiots who don't take the time to RTFM. </mock>

Help needed.

Apr 25, 2001, 3:17pm
Well, then I'd say it's a problem with his code ;P

Either way, he still needs to follow his own advice and RTFM :)

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  31  |