agent1 // User Search

1  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  31  |

CitizenBingo,and AWBingo needs a proxy thingy

Oct 28, 2000, 11:43am
I don't quite understand your post. The bot programmer is supposed to "make it better to use proxys"? How might that work?

CitizenBingo,and AWBingo needs a proxy thingy

Oct 28, 2000, 2:13pm
Most times, there are two bingo worlds open. Can one person not play in each?

CitizenBingo,and AWBingo needs a proxy thingy

Oct 28, 2000, 3:59pm
Then do so :)

Really, it's impossible to please everyone. Take what's available or don't play at all. I don't see a reasonable way to do anything
about this, other than only play one card in one world at once (which is possible, I'm sure). If you do have a suggestion, please
describe it in great detail.

banning/ejections

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C04438.93CE44C0

*gasp* Maybe you could ask! WHAT AN IDEA! :O

It's in the wishlist with reasons for its inclusion in the next version (after 3.1). There are many features being requested, and
this one is a good one like lots of the others.

-Agent1
[View Quote] --
- Tony56 (aka Chandler56)
"Freedom: That's What The Government Wants You To Believe!"
[View Quote] [View Quote] 1) If you ban one tourist by the number "0", you end up blocking all the
tourists.
2) There are a few rare people with multiple citizen accounts. They can just
log in to the second account (and if needed, get a new IP) and invade the
world again.

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C04438.93CE44C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>*gasp*&nbsp; Maybe you could ask!&nbsp; =
WHAT AN=20
IDEA! :O</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It's in the wishlist with reasons for =
its inclusion=20
in the next version (after 3.1). There are many features being =
requested, and=20
this one is a good one like lots of the others.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Agent1</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"tony56" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:chandler56 at mail.com">chandler56 at mail.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
<A=20
=
href=3D"news:3a00c3dd at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a00c3dd at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"MS Sans Serif" size=3D1>True, but now the question =
is: How the=20
hell do we convince a company that never listens to customers that it =
should=20
reimplement a feature that was in the olden days of AW?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>- Tony56 (aka Chandler56)<BR>"Freedom: That's What The =

Government Wants You To=20
=
Believe!"<BR>____________________________________________________________=
</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV>wyzard360 &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:wyzard360 at hotmail.com">wyzard360 at hotmail.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3a00c23a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a00c23a$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</DIV>Which=20
is why there should be an option of whether you ban by cit number=20
or<BR>ip.<BR><BR>"tony56" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:chandler56 at mail.com">chandler56 at mail.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message<BR><A=20
=
href=3D"news:3a009d6e at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a009d6e at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...<BR>I=20
agree with you on this, but there are a few cons to this (which is=20
why<BR>CoF/AW removed it):<BR><BR>1) If you ban one tourist by the =
number=20
"0", you end up blocking all the<BR>tourists.<BR>2) There are a few =
rare=20
people with multiple citizen accounts. They can just<BR>log in to =
the second=20
account (and if needed, get a new IP) and invade the<BR>world=20
again.<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C04438.93CE44C0--

Telegram Wishes.

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C049BB.34BEB7C0

Because there are enough features that need to be added already. Anyway, it's on the list from quite a while ago, so maybe it'll be
added in the next version... dunno.

-Agent1

[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C049BB.34BEB7C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Because there are enough features that need to be added already. =
Anyway,=20
it's on the list from quite a while ago, so maybe it'll be added in the =
next=20
version... dunno.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>-Agent1</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"tony56" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:chandler56 at mail.com">chandler56 at mail.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
<A=20
=
href=3D"news:3a09ed6d at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a09ed6d at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"MS Sans Serif" size=3D1>I would LOVE to have a =
Telegram=20
Inbox/Outbox. I almost always forget what I said after I wrote a =
telegram LOL.=20
And the Telegram Mute/Filter would be nice too, as there are certain =
users=20
that you would like to ignore. I think everyone would give three =
cheers for=20
Roland even if its just the Telegram Mute implemented. Hey, why not =
add this=20
to 3.1? :)</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C049BB.34BEB7C0--

PrivPasses

Nov 17, 2000, 2:03pm
Uhh... Actually, it's very secure if you're very selective with who gets your PPW. Then again, I do think the Uniserver should
remove anyone logged in under the PPW if it is changed.

mouselook should work in all three dimensions when flying

Nov 16, 2000, 4:30pm
Explain, please.

mouselook should work in all three dimensions when flying

Nov 18, 2000, 10:30pm
I don't think that's something Roland could do... You'd probably have to talk to someone at Criterion.

upgrade dialog addition

Nov 21, 2000, 4:30pm
Failing that, the web pane could open to the release notes on the first execution of the browser after update.

Multiple API support?

Dec 8, 2000, 4:06pm
Roland has mentioned at Tech Talk that he would like to add OGL support. I think it would probably work best as an option, yes. This would also allow AW to run on those computers without DX7 (or whatever is needed to run 3.0-up)

A wishlist of important things...

Dec 24, 2000, 10:52pm
More likely Renderware would have to be re-written to support it. Portal rendering works best in (at least) semi-closed spaces and not as well in an open area.

blue bug

Dec 26, 2000, 12:30am
Well, AW3.1 doesn't check the names for URLs, anyway... Not all URLs have those strings in them (or if they do it would take a while to parse them out of the string) anyway.

blue bug

Dec 27, 2000, 2:06pm
Uhh... AW's "URL Parser" just looks for three periods separated by some alphanumeric character, I think :)

a.b.c gets turned into a URL...

blue bug

Dec 27, 2000, 7:25pm
People are whining about TLDs not being recognised. It doesn't work based on TLDs, so what is the problem? The only real problem is that it changes names into links also...

I'd rather have it find more links that aren't valid, than not find a real one

Avatars menu structured

Jan 5, 2001, 4:50pm
Well, actually, you'd have to just add another "viewport" and render the avatar. Not too hard if it's already been downloaded.

Avatars menu structured

Jan 5, 2001, 7:45pm
No... you could have an option to only preview lready-downloaded avatars. Or maybe a little "Download..." button next to each.

Textured Street Objects in AlphaWorld

Jan 10, 2001, 3:02am
There already ARE street objects... and there are quite a few used as landcover. Imagine that! :O

backdrops

Jan 29, 2001, 11:47am
The "making AW work on NT" is really just adding support for OpenGL. Not sure what else will be in 3.2, though.

skin for browser

Jan 30, 2001, 11:52am
I've never had a problem with Winamp and skins. But maybe they've had them in mind since the very early days...

New ejection...

Feb 10, 2001, 6:05pm
An IP address will never be secret. It can't be; that's how the internet works.

If people have problems with being "hacked", they should get a firewall or some sort of monitoring/protection software/hardware.

New ejection...

Feb 10, 2001, 9:07pm
The problem with ejecting by citizen number is that it doesn't work for tourists. Anyway, anyone that hosts a world gets your IP
address in the log anyway.

IP addresses can't be secret if you're connecting to any server on the internet. If you have problems with people "hacking" you
through your FTP port, don't run an FTP server (or at least not on such a well-known port).

New ejection...

Feb 11, 2001, 2:42am
Phreaking is actually "hacking" a phone line. IE - Playing certain tones into a payphone in order to trick it into thinking you
actually dropped money in the slot. Unplugging a phone line is not phreaking :)

New ejection...

Feb 18, 2001, 9:55pm
LOL :)

-Agent1
(PS - Sorry for the lack of content in my post)

[View Quote]

ALT & CNTRL running

Feb 14, 2001, 12:11pm
Seems your name has put on the list of "bad names to call mean people" ;)

Make AW in delphi

Feb 17, 2001, 4:56pm
It wouldn't be any easier than porting the C version to Linux...

Make AW in delphi

Feb 17, 2001, 6:05pm
From the quick look I just got, it looks like a completely different language from Delphi. Anyway, why would you bother porting to another language when you could just as easily use C and a new version of Renderware?

Make AW in delphi

Feb 18, 2001, 9:50pm
AW uses a library that's statically linked to the executable, and therefor doesn't need the .DLL files to operate anymore. Most of those DLLs that you are finding in your Windows directory are most likely from programs that dump them there and not from AW.

Make AW in delphi

Feb 18, 2001, 9:53pm
Let's see...

[View Quote] If that quote is even from anyone reputable, it still doesn't mean that the Linux OS(es) are made "for hacking". People were tired of having to use someone else's OS, so they made their own. The fact that it was made by people with higher understanding of computer hardware doesn't mean it's a "hacking OS".

>Windows has a better GUI than Linux.. so what do u
> do? Get a job.. wait for Win Whistler to be released and buy it.. or.. wait
> till a buddy of mine releases a tutor that lets u run Windows over Linux..
> and if Windows sucks so much.. why is every computer preloaded with it?

Every computer is NOT preloaded with Windows. There are plenty of Macs without windows. How about the large computer distributors offering a version of Linux as an alternative to Windows?

-Agent1

Make AW in delphi

Feb 19, 2001, 8:12pm
Mac OS doesn't run on Intel (etc) machines, if I recall correctly.

Make AW in delphi

Feb 19, 2001, 8:13pm
Too lazy to prove yourself wrong?

1  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  31  |