dearheart // User Search

1  |

The Power of the ! Mark

Dec 20, 2000, 12:54am
Oh little stroke how mighty you are
to silence Eep from afar!!!
Just one keyboard stroke or two
used by all but a few does so much to irritate
quick Eeep Run!!! before it's too late!
see these strokes !!!! my how so fine
how Eeep can be irritated by one such line
Dear Myssie writing in her style
Made poor Eep run a mile
Mayhaps we have found the key
Use the Myssie mark !!! for all to see
Once its used beware though folks
the kind of blokes like Eep will cry
Poor Grammar!! and begin to bitch
at the writer like an itch
Eep grow up and let things be
let people write for all to see
You are no literary critic of which i know
so chill man and let it go
Myssie - you are one lady
that we all know aint shady
Keep writing hunny in your style
cause in doing you have caused us all to smile

Aplogies to all who do write poetry, but thanks Myssie *hugs*

am i the only one who thinks this? or is it the negative seems to overpower the positive..

------=_NextPart_000_009F_01C09400.467D46E0

If Active worlds is a CHAT UTILITY then why isn't the CHAT UTILITY of =
better quality, at least comparable to other chat utilities. As it =
stands it can only be called mediocre in that area.

[View Quote] An example of what 'can' be done in Alpha can be found here:=20

http://objects.activeworlds.com/cgi-bin/teleport.cgi?aw_6505S_6556.80E =

(er... yep... another shameless plug for what I'm building, this time =
at Verge City :-) (can't fit any of the Beta features into my old =
location(s)))=20

WARNING - As with everything I build... IT'S MAXED OUT. Those with =
slow system may want to think twice before going there... BUT if you can =
handle it, give it a visit. Best viewed at 120 meters (altho' 50m is ok =
I guess). (If you'r on the Beta List even better...)=20

As anyone who does check this location out can see, I have better =
things to do then complain all the time about what the Software 'can't' =
do. (and of late I'v just been 'mark(ing) as read' the posts in this =
Group - I can't be bothered wading thru' the same old story over and =
over again)=20

My 2 cents...=20

[View Quote] need I remind you it's only $20 a year.. i guarantee all of you =
reading this pay more to connect to the internet and yet you don't jump =
down their throught at every feasible error (well some of you do, but =
that's beyond the point) The point that i'm trying to make is that =
sure, you can complain and whine and moan.. but you must act on it to =
make differance.. your not going to get anywhere by saying bad things =
about ppl who make the software most of us use daily, submit a =
respectable letter if you want to see a differance.. that's what you do =
in real life, and why should that be different here? bashing and =
slamming someone whoms skills are beyond comparison of those whim =
critize his abilities is not away to get anything but ignored.... trust =
me on this one... there is a reason roland doesn't read these NGs.. =
maybe if you were more kind to him, he'd rather listen to your input.. =
most things don't occur without reason.. and i highly doubt that the =
feelings in which you bestow did not become because a person is lacking =
some personal qualities, although that is the case many times, i feel it =
is best to give the benefit of the doubt, perhaps if the tables were to =
turn, you'de want the same.. and i leave you with the golden rule, treat =
others who you'de like to be treated.. I think it is the most widely =
spread, under considered saying of all time.. just stop and think next =
time you insult something which is not convenient for you personally.. =
ahh.. civilization has spoiled us, and once again returned to bite us on =
the ass... =20
--=20
J B E L L=20
http://platinum.awjbell.com=20
G O I N G P L A T I N U M=20
[View Quote] [View Quote] if roland wasn't what i thought of as a good programer, then i =
wouldn't=20
praise him.. but i feel he is, and therefore i do... you wonder =
why he might=20
be unmotivated to do the things some of you demand... it's =
perfectly clear=20
to me why he does not..=20
--=20
J B E L L=20
http://platinum.awjbell.com=20
G O I N G P L A T I N U M=20
[View Quote] --=20
Tyrell - Alpha Prime - 21.8s 457e 90 - "Mundus vult decipi"=20
"Eat well, stay fit, die anyway."=20
http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/ty1/index.html=20
http://www.dlcwest.com/~rpatter/index.html=20
ICQ UN - 272905=20
All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_009F_01C09400.467D46E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4207.2601" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If Active worlds is a CHAT UTILITY then =
why isn't=20
the CHAT UTILITY of better quality, at least comparable to other chat =
utilities.=20
As it stands it can only be called mediocre in that area.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"tyrell" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:tyrell1 at sk.sympatico.ca">tyrell1 at sk.sympatico.ca</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
href=3D"news:3A7FE294.8430E311 at sk.sympatico.ca">news:3A7FE294.8430E311 at sk=
..sympatico.ca</A>...</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">No,=20
you'r not the only one who thinks this. It's just that those who feel =
like you=20
have long ago stopped either reading or at the very least posting to =
this News=20
Group. We have better things to do... Instead of whining all the time =
about=20
the Software and what it 'isn't' we get on with using 'what it is'.=20
<P>Want a game, go buy a game. ActiveWorlds isn't one. It's, as you =
pointed=20
out (I believe it was you), it's a Chat Util. It's also a place where =
you can=20
build something, as big (or little) as you want. This is what those =
who=20
recognize what the Software really is are doing.=20
<P>An example of what 'can' be done in Alpha can be found here:=20
<P><A=20
=
href=3D"http://objects.activeworlds.com/cgi-bin/teleport.cgi?aw_6505S_655=
6.80E">http://objects.activeworlds.com/cgi-bin/teleport.cgi?aw_6505S_6556=
..80E</A>=20

<P>(er... yep... another shameless plug for what I'm building, this =
time at=20
Verge City :-) (can't fit any of the Beta features into my old =
location(s)))=20
<P>WARNING - As with everything I build... IT'S MAXED OUT. Those with =
slow=20
system may want to think twice before going there... BUT if you can =
handle it,=20
give it a visit. Best viewed at 120 meters (altho' 50m is ok I guess). =
(If=20
you'r on the Beta List even better...)=20
<P>As anyone who does check this location out can see, I have better =
things to=20
do then complain all the time about what the Software 'can't' do. (and =
of late=20
I'v just been 'mark(ing) as read' the posts in this Group - I can't be =

bothered wading thru' the same old story over and over again)=20
<P>My 2 cents...=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_009F_01C09400.467D46E0--

User dismissal vote

Feb 8, 2001, 11:53pm
does your constant repetition of ppl's posts constitute a breach in the
newsgroup charter or just the fact you are a little twit?

[View Quote]

No Confidence Vote

Feb 8, 2001, 11:32pm
Oh I cannot dispute any of them.

302667 GO

[View Quote]

Vote to stop the vote

Feb 9, 2001, 5:12am
casay

your posts have been reasonable but i fear for many the damage has been
done. Facter states in an earlier post that this action has been discussed
with his employers, yet even they fail to comment.
Facter and others also state that there are guidelines - or a charter - for
the newsgroups, yet I have been involved with aw for some time and these
guidelines have never been easy to find or easy to read. If so then all
submissions to the newsgroups should conform to the standard wanted and
mainatined by the organisation establishing them. Download just the headings
of the messages and you will see many ppl who have not conformed to what i
assume are the wanted standards.

In addition, we have been told by Facter that this issue was given to the
community to decide but in another post Facter also states this has failed.
On what grounds has this failed?. Here we have the most marked discussion in
this newsgroup in a long time and it indicates the AW community is clearly
concerned one way or the other about this issue and its ramifications. The
ambivalence that may in part come through in these messages is because of
their concern. Like or dislike Eep he is a citizen of AW - part of the
community and here we have an organisation consciously or unconsciously
seeking to use its consumers [paid and unpaid] to take action on something
they themselves have failed to address. In addition, they are using a
relatively new member of their organisation as the interface. If I was a
suspicious person I would say Facter has been set up to take the fallout.

For me this is a sad event because the management of any organisation ought
be held resposnible for informing its consumers of their part of the bargain
in service delivery and acceptance. The thread started by Takeover about the
vote of no confidence in AWCI and the fact there were a number of legitimate
points cited is symbolic I believe of this organisations failure to uphold
its part of the bargain. Part of which is notifying them of newsgroup rules.
Sheesh you dont even get notified of the presence of the newsgroups as a
normal part of subscribing. Its sad because we have ppl at loggerheads with
each other, its sad because it again indicates ppl's lack of tolerance, its
sad because again like the mute feature in AW ppl wont use filter, its sad
because ppl are leaving, its sad because we now have a questioning of
whether there ought be a news group at all, its sad because of the
demonstrated mean spiritness, its sad because this newsgroup ought like AW
reflect support and fun, its sad because it cultiuvates a climate of them
and us, its sad because ppl simply are not learning from this and that
includes both Eep and Facter.

I say let everyone stay or go as THEY want; let ppl have their say in
whatever way they like, simply use the filter if you dont like it. This is
not RL or a wallmart this is a newsgroup associated with a virtual reality,
located in cyberspace - a place where no countries laws or culture is
dominant. Let things simply be and use common sense.

[View Quote]

Any advice? I paid for my world renewal and it still isn't up

Mar 1, 2001, 8:22pm
Facter wrote
> Actually, Flagg handles all of that - if it has taken weeks - why hasnt he
> called to speak to someone ?

Calling is not practical when you live outside the USA and as an employee of
an web based company you ought to be aware of that.

If its a billing issue and it hasnt been resolved, then it is taken on the
phone, especially if they have been charged and are not getting what they
paid for. All sorts of things can occur sometimes on the internet - like
email not going through and such.

> Call the offices if there is a genuine problem with credit card
transactions.

Can we reverse charge the calls??

> --
> Fletcher Anderson
> Active Worlds Support
> Activeworlds.com
> support at activeworlds.com

Gaps in latest Alphaworld objects... (WARNING: A PNG images files attached)

Oct 5, 2004, 8:00am
so what was the original point of this thread ????? Seems all including the
author has forgotten.