alterlinks // User Search

1  |

Please read / AW HACKED

Jul 13, 2003, 5:18pm
So you mean like Windows, Baron ?
In general I agree, of course, it's like viruses and trojans people execute
from their e-mail every day, but I think it was already stated that the
only bots used came from trustfuly resources.

"baron" <pk39srt at hot[youknowwhat].com> wrote in
news:MPG.197bd07bb02394029896b3 at news.activeworlds.com:

> In article <Xns93B7957BE65AFCatherine at 64.94.241.201>,
> removethisailleurs at ailleurs3d.com says...
>
> There is a simple fact that everyone working with computers should
> understand; If you run someone's code, the programer owns your
> machine...simple as that. The only way around this is trusting the
> source (or writing your own software), no one can do anything for you
> if you run malicious code.

World hosting and free downloads

Feb 18, 2002, 4:19pm
- Professional world and bot hosting
- Unique features and services including artwork protection*
- Dedicated servers
- Reliable network based on Cisco systems
- SSL payment

- Free rwx
- Free backdrops
- Free textures
- Free e-mail account with anti-virus protection

And other goodies like a color converter (color into RWX, HTML and RGB
colors)

http://www.alterlinks.fr
(french)

http://www.alterlinks.fr/it/
(italian)

http://www.alterlinks.com
(us)

*Only for avatars, models and textures (except backdrop) directories

Calling all PHP'ers...

May 24, 2002, 9:35pm
"robbie" <robbie at oriox.com> wrote in
news:3cee3816 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

Hello,

A simular script already exists:

http://www.alterlinks.com/downloads/rwx/rwx0.php

A possible way to scan for a virus is to use any scanner which can be used
from a shell commandline and which does not systematically return 0 after
scan.
This could be done with an exec() instruction (if authorized). Check the
return code of the scanner as criteria to process or delete the uploaded
file.

PS, PHP versions <= 4.1.0 appear to have a vulnerability in the upload
code.

Greetings,

> Hey all,
>
> I am creating a new website much like objects d'active worlds where
> people can submit objects and avatars which will be put up for
> download. However, rather than do everything manually I was wondering
> if there are any PHP programmers out there with the experience and time
> to donate to creating a simple SQL system for searching, adding and
> viewing items.
>
> The result? A simple yet useful website allowing object creators to
> submit content, for world buildrs to search through and download
> completely free.
>
> If there are any programmers out there that have the time and are
> willing. E-mail me at: robbie at oriox.com.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Robbie

Alterlinks

Feb 13, 2003, 8:48pm
New tutorials have been added :

* how to convert your 3D objects into RWX files
* how to make a seamless cloud texture with its mask (Photoshop)
* how to make nice terrain textures (Photoshop)

The free textures section has been updated and three new categories have
been created : "doors", "seamless clouds" and "water".
A doors category has also been added in the free RWX section.
They all have their axis in order to work perfectly with the "rotate"
command.

http://www.alterlinks.com