aw explorer // User Search

1  |

Yet another closed beta

Aug 21, 2001, 5:16pm
Talk of harming Roland or anyone else is inappropriate in this newsgroup.

AW Explorer

[View Quote] Oh joy. Makes me want to smack his ass into next week it does...

E N Z O!! YOU GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 31, 2001, 6:43pm
"Since beginning my work as consultant to Worlds Inc. COF was funded on
credit cards and overdrafts. COF made just enough money to allow us to
operate out of my parent's garage and keep our server up. Shamus worked for
extremely minimal pay and his fiancé sold off savings bonds to finance his
groceries. Ellen and I were never paid a dime.
I had several side jobs to support the little shop we had going and we
worked around the clock to make sure it stayed alive. Worlds was never able
to pay us and instead we rolled the money they owed into an initial purchase
bid when they went
under. With the small amount we had in savings and credit cards we struggled
to keep our end alive. When the owner of the world Atlantis, JP, came on
board, he also put in his own money and never received payment. Several
times we were running to the bank to make another transfer from savings or
checking into the company account so that the checks we had sent out
wouldn't bounce.

We didn't do this with the knowledge that the coming years would bring
about the dotcom revolution or that we would ever get any investment at all.
We didn't do it to be rich.

We did it because we loved AW and wanted to keep it alive."
-

That needed to be said a very long time ago.

AW Explorer

E N Z O!! YOU GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 31, 2001, 7:04pm
ya i read your post.

If you think you can do better, start your own 3d universe.

:)

AW Explorer

regarding the price, I'm sorry to tell you Mr Noll, but you kinda forgot
that you have to pay 70 dollars the first year... and I'm not sure you
tought about us foreign users (outside the U.S. that is), the US Dollar is
high, so for me that am living in Norway a P20 world (with only 5 users)
will cost me exactly 1000NOK (Norske Kroner, our currency) the first year,
wich is quite a lot... about £100 that means... Also, your Lead Programmer,
Mr. Villet, has expressed that he doesn't think he gets all what the
community wants (and that he could do) trough the management, wich is a bad
sign.

*hopes Rick Noll will read this or get it forwarded*

E N Z O!! YOU GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 1, 2001, 12:06am
Yes.

I felt it was necessary to make sure everyone here saw this post. It
describes the sacrifices made for the citizens of AW. Sometimes, it seems
to me that people are unappreciative. E N Z O doesn't whine his hardships
to us every day. Instead, you go to COFMeta and see a big SMILE E N Z O
LOVES YOU sign with a happy face every day.

To tell you the truth, I've gone to COFMeta many times (more than I can
count on two hands) to make sure the sign is still there. Sometimes, I
wonder if one day AW will be so big and E N Z O will be long gone that the
sign will disappear. A sad day that will be.

AW Explorer

[View Quote]

E N Z O!! YOU GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 1, 2001, 12:09am
SMILE
E N Z O
LOVES
Y O U

xxx ooo

:D

[View Quote]

E N Z O!! YOU GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 30, 2001, 11:41am
I do not think Goober King would make a good man in charge here. Go ahead
and flame, I'm ready for it (shield is up). I could have telegrammed GK and
told him......I could have told him last night when I saw him in somebody's
town.......I have had a couple of opportunites to tell him when very few
were present, but that's cowardly. I choose to air it out in the ng, where
I think it belongs.

I do not trust a guy that smirks and he isn't going to represent me.

AW Explorer

[View Quote] <snip>

> Our success does not mean that we now have to do what every Goober King
> tells us, nor does it give us free reign to ignore him. Many of his ideas
> are valid and good. I have suggested that he work along with JBELL. The
> suggestion to create a world in which we can talk together was discussed
at
> the Reunion. Everyone seemed to think it was a good idea. Why not work
> together instead of fractioning off into splinter groups? GK has a lot to
> add. Can he work with AWDebate? Does he want to? Does he need to be the
man
> in charge? Does HE represent a majority? He does not address these issues
> with me.

E N Z O!! YOU GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 30, 2001, 8:37pm
When people have a problem with who might become a leader, they speak about
it in public, in the correct forum - not sending little private messages to
the person or by taking a trip to Outer Worlds (or similar) to protest. If
it was a personal problem I had with you, I would send a private message.
Smirking, in my opinion, is a sign of aloofness. When you are representing
the Active Worlds Community, humble yourself, Bub - that's the Real Deal.

AW Explorer

[View Quote]

E N Z O!! YOU GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 2, 2001, 3:08am
You smirked when appearing at a newly founded city to make sure your sign
was up at gz. You are a representative of those whose pictures appear on
your signs. I've never seen E N Z O or Cryonics or Protagonist represent
the citizens here by a *smirk*. Get humble, Bub, and while you are at it,
get some respect.

AW Explorer (Proudly sitting on my dirt floor in my mud house!)

[View Quote]

E N Z O!! YOU GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 2, 2001, 9:08am
> Sorry if I don't live up to your definiton of "leader", but you'll just
> have to get used to the idea.

We'll cross that bridge if I ever see you actually "leading" anything that
profoundly pertains to me. Otherwise, each time you *smirk*, you are a step
farther away from gaining any kind of respect (in the form of a leader) from
me.

AW Explorer

[View Quote]

E N Z O's & JP's Perseverance!!!!!

Aug 2, 2001, 2:10pm
The last time I spoke with E N Z O was at the Transcend meeting in 1999.
The last time I spoke with JP was in 1999 and it was a question in regards
to 13th Floor ownership of art. To my knowledge, I have not spoken to any
AWCOM employee, except for citizenship info or technical help in a very long
time and I am not employed by them.

In regards to answering questions about the source of the message. True, I
did not follow what most people would call newsgroup protocol in commenting
on a message posted here; but on the other hand, I refuse to answer a
question posed to me in such a way that is derogatory to E N Z O or JP. If
Eep wants the source, he should explore the newsgroup in more detail.
Speaking of which, I am not following protocol now am I?

Lastly, I will say again, E N Z O's statement in regards to his hardships
that he, his family, his friends endured during trying to maintain Active
Worlds, in my opinion, should have been shared long ago. We are so
fortunate to still be able to (for 5 cents a day) be a part of such a unique
community.

In my opinion, AWCOM does not charge enough. $19.95 every 6 months sounds
fair to me.

On a lighter note, now I wonder, did E N Z O have to walk 5 miles one way
barefoot in the snow to buy a box of floppies!!!!!! :)

AW Explorer

[View Quote]

The Problem With a Gate Keeper

Aug 11, 2001, 12:10pm
When I first wanted to post to a newsgroup, I asked for help about my
webpage settings and was told to go see a Gate Keeper. It kept asking for
password and I didn't understand I needed to enter my citizen information to
post. I didn't want to go to the Gate signed in under my citizen name
because as a tourist, you can't get bugged with telegrams while in an area
full of chatters. I do this quite often at Lara's object yard, too. When I
asked the Gate Keeper for help signing into the newsgroup, the GK asked why,
as a tourist, I wanted to know. I told the GK I was a citizen. Then the GK
wanted to know why I wasn't signed in. I became frustrated and told the GK
I was frustrated, but he or she just would not answer my question. Every
time I would ask for the instructions on how to post to the NG, the GK would
ask the same question "If you are a citizen, why aren't you logged in."
Turns out, the information on how to sign into the NG is available for
anyone in the WORLD to see on Activeworld.com's website at
http://www.activeworlds.com/community/new_newsgroups.html. Are tourists
second class AW users because they haven't all the capabilities of Citizens?
Has anyone instructed the GK's that there are times when a citizen doesn't
like to be logged in unless they are out in the boonies building or in a
closed, secured world? I'm not anti-GK, but I now have an idea what the
trust level of tourists are to a Gate Keeper.

AW Explorer
exploringaw at hotmail.com

[View Quote]

So E N Z O....ya finally got here huh? :)

Aug 11, 2001, 4:27pm
I'm glad to see E N Z O posting in here; hope the rest of family decides to
post, too. :)

AW Explorer
exploringaw at hotmail.com

[View Quote]

Shame on WVRN Radio

------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C124E1.C71EA380

YEAH!!!!!!!! (P.S. My pref is Madonna Mix. There's a cool UFO song. =
:-) )

AW Explorer
[View Quote] 150 channels... free... I'v been listening to it for over 4 years now =
(was The DJ before the change to Spinner)=20

One can either listen using the Browser (IE or Netscape) pop-up =
'plug-in' or DL the Player which sits just above the Win toolbar=20

Worth checking out...=20

[View Quote] aren't all those little radio stations made by prebubescant teens =
that only=20
play pop-rock all day? Why give them the time of day, bringing =
online radio=20
into AW is really not worth all of that at all. ;?=20
Nornny=20

[View Quote] --=20
Tyrell - Alpha Prime - 21.8s 457e 90 - "Mundus vult decipi"=20
"Eat well, stay fit, die anyway."=20
http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/ty1/index.html=20
http://www.dlcwest.com/~rpatter/index.html=20
ICQ UN - 272905=20
All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C124E1.C71EA380

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>YEAH!!!!!!!!&nbsp; (P.S.&nbsp; My pref=20
is&nbsp;Madonna Mix.&nbsp; There's a cool UFO song. :-)&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>AW Explorer</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>tyrell &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:tyrell1 at sk.sympatico.ca">tyrell1 at sk.sympatico.ca</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3B793255.751B0E97 at sk.sympatico.ca">news:3B793255.751B0E97 at sk=
..sympatico.ca</A>...</DIV>Want=20
to listen to 'radio' while in AW...?=20
<P><A href=3D"http://www.spinner.com">http://www.spinner.com</A>=20
<P>150 channels... free... I'v been listening to it for over 4 years =
now (was=20
The DJ before the change to Spinner)=20
<P>One can either listen using the Browser (IE or Netscape) pop-up =
'plug-in'=20
or DL the Player which sits just above the Win toolbar=20
<P>Worth checking out...=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C124E1.C71EA380--

Kids will be kids!

Aug 14, 2001, 5:10pm
I'd like to point out that the Navy SEal listed below as Citizen #324688 is
not my son, NavySEAL - Citizen #336745 (usually uses the Willy avatar at
Alpha World ground zero). Please be aware of this.

Sincerely, AW Explorer
exploringaw at hotmail.com

[View Quote]

New AW Ear website

Aug 16, 2001, 8:19pm
Thanks, I didn't telegram you, but did try to access your site and could
not. I'll try AW Ear.

AW Explorer
exploringaw at hotmail.com

[View Quote]

New AW Ear website

Aug 16, 2001, 9:06pm
Is there any way for me to get that first download from MS Update site? I
tried accessing MS Update site and could not. I'll have to wait until I can
access it before I try it.

AW Explorer
exploringaw at hotmail.com

[View Quote]

New AW Ear website

Aug 17, 2001, 1:53am
Sorry, meant Windows update site. Just trying to be careful about what I
put on my computer. I'll wait until I can access it; however, so far no
luck.

AW Explorer

[View Quote]

New AW Ear website

Aug 17, 2001, 10:33am
I'd rather go to the Windows Update site.

AW Explorer

[View Quote]

What is YOUR default start world?

Aug 25, 2001, 4:57pm
Alpha World - In a secret location where I download nothing but the pan,
ground, deport1.wav, and avatar.