eep no@1.com // User Search

1  2  |

What Do You Call the Universes Collectively?

Feb 20, 2001, 1:33pm
I always did think you looked cute in that little skirt, Myrth. ;P

[View Quote] > save our beautiful dreams pegasus!

> "I am THE sailor mini-moon"

[View Quote]

What Do You Call the Universes Collectively?

Feb 20, 2001, 1:35pm
Uh, the original question was what to call multiple UNIVERSES, Ananas.

[View Quote] > All universes, not easy to reach this target, maybe start with
> Polyverse?
>
> btw. - why must it be ...verse?
>
> Building, Town, World, (did AW forget something here?), Galaxy, Universe
> - no parts of words repeated in the next enclosing stage, why not
> something different?
>
> Bubbles for example (would refer an old simple model of the universes
> embedded in the whateveritscalled) - ok, that does not really sound
> great, more like a bubblebath or soda.
>
> Biospheres - at least better than bubbles - would refer all inhabited
> places (humans or not)
>
> eep schrieb:

Ok,Everyone Is mad at people for posting about diff stuff

Feb 20, 2001, 1:35pm
YO FUCKWIT NO ONE CARES NOW GET OVER YOUR LITTLE ATTEMPT AT BUILDING YOUR PATHETICALLY LOW SELF-ESTEEM THANK YOU DRIVE THROUGH

[View Quote] > And besides i didn't know how to get a link yet i just started

Ok,Everyone Is mad at people for posting about diff stuff

Feb 20, 2001, 4:43pm
<twitch> I have my limits...

[View Quote] > You are correct myrth, Eep has shown an amazing amount of restraint.

[View Quote]

Facter, your mission if you choose to accept it

Feb 20, 2001, 4:43pm
"self-destruct"!

[View Quote] > This post will explode in 5 seconds...

Facter, your mission if you choose to accept it

Feb 20, 2001, 10:53pm
Don't take offense at this, Facter, as I'm sure you're doing as much as you can being AWCI's newest whipping boy slave/grunt/gopher and all, but how about asking the "higher-ups" (no comment) for more help since it's obvious there are MANY problems with AWCI-world objects that STILL have yet to be fixed and which used to be handled by Shamus. There are numerous transform errors in Mars avatars, missing textures, off-scale objects in Yellowstone, and, of course, objects not having "lit". It seems like once again AWCI is trying to wean help from its CUSTOMERS instead of simply fixing THEIR objects/worlds themselves...

[View Quote] [View Quote]

Facter, your mission if you choose to accept it

Feb 20, 2001, 10:56pm
If anything having objects reflect light more realistically will ENHANCE AlphaWorld, which already looks too fake as it is with all those solid colors and hardly any light shading. The real world (or virtual like AlphaWorld mimicks) ain't so flat-shaded and UNshaded.

So, no, it DOESN'T make sense not to make AlphaWorld (and other worlds) objects more realistically lit, which is why I recently redid all my object surface settings and why Hole and Cubed look even MORE realistic because of it!

[View Quote] > Before you do that I have a friendly warning:

> All objects will change its color/tone/whatever if you add the texturemode lit command to them (and they did not have it before). IMO it is a dangerous action!! Zillions of beautiful constructions will be screwed up badly!
>
> Think about it! AW has 70,000,000 objects. If you change 1/10th of the objects statistically it will affect about 7,000,000 existing objects inworld!!!
>
> I know everyone wants those nice features but .... I would rather introduce another sets of objects with those commands added!
>
> Make sense?
> I hope,

[View Quote]

Facter, your mission if you choose to accept it

Feb 20, 2001, 10:59pm
Andras is correct; the "l" should be a SUFFIX, not PREFIX. Otherwise object names will be a pain to remember and won't sort alphabetically correctly.

However, I still think AWCI world objects should be lit by default without creating an ENTIRE new set of objects, which is just silly to me, especially when builds will be ENHANCED, not "destroyed" because of having lit objects.

[View Quote] > "l" as a prefix...at the front, please. I kinda' like names that start with an "L". ;-)

[View Quote]

ABC's website...

Feb 20, 2001, 11:01pm
Um, are you talking about the TV network, ABC? If so, why? It's off-topic and you should know by now to NOT POST OFF-TOPIC.

[View Quote] > I guess when you had that HD failure, ABC's website didnt get re-uploaded.